• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergio Ramos

nnaife

oh dear i think archero wouldn't be amused, whats this fascination wenger's scout has with poor ole sevilla.
First Reyes then he sniffs around Navas and now Sergio Ramos, at this rate Reyes will eventually have all his sevilla team mates at arsenal.

Could this be a sign that wenger has lost a bit of confidence in senderos's ability to fill that postion, otherwise i would have expected him to go for an older more experienced centreback.

Clarkey

I wouldn't read anything into Ramos coming in to replace Senderos/Hoyte etc. All it is is when these young talents spring up Wenger always takes a keen interest and brings them on board. He always finds enough room for everyone.

Canuck

Established Member
Another headline that is a little ahead of itself. It implys that we have already made our move, while the fact is that Wengers scouts are just keeping tabs on the situation at the moment. I wouldn't be suprised if nothing comes of it this season. If another club makes a move and AW wants the kid bad enough it might force his hand, but other than that we have youngsters already who deserve more chances.

AFCG7

Established Member
I've only seen Sergio Ramos twice this season and in both games he didnt impress me at all.. maybe its just 2 bad games but Giuly gave him the runaround last week in the Barca game where he played LB.Looks a bit slow to me..
Maybe i just watched him in 2 of his bad games.. but so far i dont see anything special.
Navas looks ok but the most impressive for Sevilla so far has been Antonito

Canuck

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
What article are you refering to Canuck? Can you link it?

Well it's the article that started the topic. Gunners in new Sevilla swoop. They probably should have ended that with a :?: ...

osemari

sergio ramos is an impressive, he only 18 years old
and seems that he has 28 by veterania, is the best player of the
selection sub21 with Cesc, Sergio Ramos is followed by Real
Madrid, in a future will be one of the best defenses of the world, but pleasee!! don't take he!!!!!!! we want make a Big Sevilla!! good luck to arsenal and sorry for my english,is very bad :eek:ops: forza sevilla!

AFCG7

Established Member
Thanks for the info osemari , like i said i have only seen him twice.. but if you lot think he's good i'll take it that he is..after all you werent wrong with Reyes!

Soler

Established Member
sergio2.jpg

Mullet.

sabret00the

Established Member
tbh if i was a young defender, arsenal would be the last club i'd come to, no ones really made it into the team. but if he's coming to be our new right back and will get games then i'm all for it. lauren will do but he's not world class and that's what we need to invest in, sorting out that right flank.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Canuck said:
*Loyan* said:
What article are you refering to Canuck? Can you link it?

Well it's the article that started the topic. Gunners in new Sevilla swoop. They probably should have ended that with a :?: ...
Seen. Thanks for that.

Mark

Established Member
I like that Wenger is bringing in players from Spain. They have some brilliant talent there, and they are the key to success in the CL. I hope we can get Ramos and/or Navas from Sevilla in January perhaps. Let them settle for the second half of the season so they will be ready for next season like we did with Reyes.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mark said:
I like that Wenger is bringing in players from Spain. They have some brilliant talent there, and they are the key to success in the CL. I hope we can get Ramos and/or Navas from Sevilla in January perhaps. Let them settle for the second half of the season so they will be ready for next season like we did with Reyes.
I like that idea but I have a feeling they will remain there for another season or two for AW to do more scouting to decide completely if they are right for us. But hopefully he will get them in January.

Top Bottom