• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
tenor.gif

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Giroud done pretty well in that club, they would have been below us otherwise.
Conte shot himself with their line up in this last 2 matches tho
Dunno if his presence vs. other configurations was worth 8 points since late Jan, but yeah he’s been good.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
he was directly involved in 6 points and Hazard has openly praised him.
Sure but you have to control for the output of a replacement level striker (pretend it’s Morata/Bats, even though I’d say they’re above average) getting the same minutes. Think Giroud has been an improvement, but no more than a few points’ worth.

Last edited:

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sure but you have to control for the output of a replacement level striker (pretend it’s Morata/Bats, even though I’d say they’re above average) getting the same minutes. Think Giroud has been an improvement, but no more than a few points’ worth.
6 points he was directly involved as he was the key player to get those points literally. Changing a loss against Southampton to a win and making the crucial goal against Liverpool which pull them into chasing distance of 4th place. Quite sure there are a few games where he did fine but statistics can't provide the story

Anyway, I am not counting other outputs (pre-assists, being a pivotal player, defensive contributions), as no matter how I like Giroud spending more time than 5 minutes to watch Chelsea makes me feel nausea and disgust...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So Ancelotti is going to Napoli, hmm. A lot of people saying Sarri to Chelsea but something about that is very odd. I mean initially I thought Sarri would be good at Arsenal but I quickly discounted it as I didn't think it would work in reality. He's spent his entire career in Italy, don't know if he speaks any English whatsoever, plus his only success has come in a very specific environment. I don't know if he could replicate that at Chelsea.

That's before you get onto the fact that stylistically it seems like an odd fit, not to mention the fact that he's very PR-unfriendly with his inappropriate comments. They should get Luis Enrique or someone like that. He looks like a real prick, he'd suit them well.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
They should get Luis Enrique
God, I hope they get Enrique, he's failed everywhere but Barcelona, and even his attempt to get them to play more direct was embarrassing. Won the treble in his first year, because his methods weren't fully adapted by the squad then, and they played a brilliant combination of possession and direct football. All downhill from there.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I hope they get Sarri, could be a complete PR disaster once the press get into him, look how broken Mourinho is these days from taking them on.

Plus Sarri and Napoli just seem the perfect fit, well until now..

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom