• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shaun Wright-Phillips

qs

Established Member
Re: SWP

Thommybhoy said:
I can't see Yaya coming here.

Out of interest why? I'm not expecting it or anything but its not he's a definite starter at Barca. He would be if he came here.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Money, they'd want a lot IMO, a lot more than we would be ready to pay. That's by far main reason.
And I don't think they will be keen to sell to us while we refuse to sell Cesc to them.
Also as I stated in another thread, I don't think that Dimitri guy is even his agent, from what I know his agent was and if nothing changed still is Franjo Vranjkovic.
Somehow this whole story seems not likely at all, apart from what I mentioned there is that gut feeling that says "no way he will come" although I have to admit I could have missinterpreted bad gut feeling with my perception of our recent transfer activity.

dreamLord

Established Member

Who cares if he's one dimensional ; so is Valencia - doesn't stop him from putting goals for Rooney on a plate does it? I'd rather someone who knows the wings than the current clueless bunch.

Kraig

Established Member

dreamLord said:
Who cares if he's one dimensional ; so is Valencia - doesn't stop him from putting goals for Rooney on a plate does it? I'd rather someone who knows the wings than the current clueless bunch.

qft. For too long we've had non wingers on the wing. Swp can beat his man, he can cross and can score. Was doing well this season till Mancini came in and decided he didn't like him. If it gets theo and eboue off the wings I'm all for it.

qs

Established Member

dreamLord said:

Its funny isn't it. If you get moved around people complain they want a player with a set position and role, if you have that you're one dimensional.

flobaba

See what you mean qs, but our team has got too many jacks and not enough masters in certain positions. Even Wilshere's gonna end up as a jack if he's not careful.

The Sleeper

I think he'd be good for us and for Theo. Only just superior enough to Theo at the moment for them to seriously compete and for Theo to improve without feeling as if his Arsenal career is over.

I also believe SWP still has something to prove and few years left in which to do so. He is capable of terrific performances and hopefully as he's now older, he will be more consistent.

Has experience of winning trophies with Chelsea too. Even though he wasn't quite part of the first team.

I'd be pleased if we sign him. He has it in him to win EPL player of the season if he really goes for it. Everything's a risk but it could work out very well for us.

wellington

flobaba said:
See what you mean qs, but our team has got too many jacks and not enough masters in certain positions. Even Wilshere's gonna end up as a jack if he's not careful.
Yoda has a good joke made.

Zico

Established Member

The Sleeper said:
I'd be pleased if we sign him. He has it in him to win EPL player of the season if he really goes for it. Everything's a risk but it could work out very well for us.

Ian, is that you?

qs

Established Member

flobaba said:

:lol:

Zico said:
The Sleeper said:

Ian, is that you?

:lol:

stuart

Established Member

Sp**s would be all over this one if they didn't have Maradonna. Sorry, Lennon.

Would be a good buy for a team like Sunderland, but not for us.

Humble Rex

Established Member

USArsenal said:
he is NOT worse than Theo..if he wouldnt want such high wages, 5m would be a low cost for him in this market..

Of course he is not worse than Theo. But with either Chamakh or RVP also vying for a wing spot along with what we have, we certainly don´t need him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I would rather we sign Hazard or some other skillful technical wingers than let SWP waste our squad space

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3045411/Liverpool-Arsenal-and-Sp**s-want-Shaun-Wright-Phillips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... llips.html</a>

Top Bottom