• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I honestly feel for the guy. He seems to genuinely suffer, but unfortunately that is neither here nor there for a professional football player. He is simply not cutting it here at Arsenal and needs to leave as soon as possible. With his fee and salary it will not be easy to shift him though without a huge loss on the fee side. Can easily see his contract run down. Unbelievable how we could end up paying +35m for this player. Valencia must be laughing their heads off. Talk about us flushing 35m down the toilet... :facepalm:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
He made life difficult for Wenger, Unai and now Arteta.

Mustafi has to go down as Wenger's legendary signing for the wrong reasons. This guy really is something else :lol:

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Its between him and Squilaci who is the worst ever CB for us, they are both horrific. I'd pay a club to take him from us. Forget getting money for him or letting him go for free, we are gonna have to pay someone to take him

There's a name I had blocked out of my memory for a while. Mustafi's still worse though. At the very least Squillaci wasn't walking around blaming others for this wrongdoings.

African Flair

He cost us 60m including his wages of course if couldn't manage to sell him. Abslout disaster buy Wenger wanted Manolas and instead Ivan got him this guy and we sold Gabriel who is superior defender
Those links to Inter Milan two summers ago... imagine if they where actually true and the move got blocked. Criminal decision.

African Flair

The hate against him is really annoying.
The guy is giving 100% for the club whenever he steps on the pitch.
His confidence is at rock bottom and the fans put the knife into the wound whenever possible. Is that what a fan does!? Do you not care that he feels the hate surrounding him? You think that helps the situation at all?

Fans fail so badly these days, instead of being part of something bigger creating an atmosphere where players get a lift they do the opposite and push down at every opportunity.
compassion for human beings has hit rock bottom as well.

So sad.
Ah ffs.
Him pissing away points every time he plays is truly ****ing annoying to me. His face after the goal yesterday, absolute dead inside those eyes were gone. Not pleasant to watch, as much as I hate him, I don't enjoy another man suffer, I know how much it's hurts. But if you aren't up for some harsh critics when you can't do a half decent job while on 80k a week... That's almost two yearly salaries for the average fan. I mean the hate it's very understandable. He knows it coming but he have chosen to stick around for the check so yeah, **** him.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Reading his article on arsenal.com was painful. I do really feel for him. This is a bit of a spiral now though. It's in his head every time he plays, and making him an accident waiting to happen.

He's going to have to play a few games towards the end of this season. I think the best thing the fans can do is put the dissenting sounds on ice and back him with his team, and hope he breaks this awful nervy cycle that results in **** passes, and keep us in a healthy position to replace him.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Him pissing away points every time he plays is truly ****ing annoying to me. His face after the goal yesterday, absolute dead inside those eyes were gone. Not pleasant to watch, as much as I hate him, I don't enjoy another man suffer, I know how much it's hurts.

Reading his article on arsenal.com was painful. I do really feel for him. This is a bit of a spiral now though. It's in his head every time he plays, and making him an accident waiting to happen.

He's going to have to play a few games towards the end of this season. I think the best thing the fans can do is put the dissenting sounds on ice and back him with his team, and hope he breaks this awful nervy cycle that results in **** passes, and keep us in a healthy position to replace him.

He was so bad with that pass and Chelsea seemed to had a plan, because they were leaving him space to make a pass (error). It's a painful level of incompetence why he makes such mistakes.
But then Luiz was even worse by doing a reckless challenge without intent to play for the ball.

That interview on arsenal.com was very insightful on the struggles he has and it was indicative that he seems to have a huge psychological burden. The dead eyes, look on his face after the penalty was not something you wish to see a man going through.

There was a tweet from a journo on pitch last night, on how right after the final whistle, Mustafi was first at the away end, hand in his heart in apologetic fashion and apparently he walked down the tunnel looking like a broken man. The pressure which emanates from the fans/social media/internet etc... could be massive to the players.
When Xhaka had his issue, Emery talked about how there was such a big psychological pressure on him that the team have provided him with adequate help. Mustafi looks to be on a similar level

He improved greatly on second half and made some excellent tackles, clearances etc.. which must have been down to Arteta having a talk to him.

He should be sold this summer but with the current situation: injuries and suspension we can do nothing else but *fully* support him as part of our team.

Vantastico

The fact that we came back with 10 men and he was a part of that 10 men unit tells you he wasn't all that bad. He simply isn't a good high-line defender, nor a good decision maker under pressure. That first half must have been horrible for him, but he deserves some respect for fighting through it.

At the end of the day he still had 2 assists, so cut him some slack. For the Mustafi giveth, and the Mustafi taketh away. (That second paragraph was brought to you by reddit).

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

It happen to every player what he need to do is just stop using his social media focus on his family and his football things will improve. As i said people who abuse and attacking him on his social media are sick people.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
MOD EDIT: Relax !!!

Xhaka I can understand people wanting to give chances too...Granit is good looking, has good (if slightly overrated) passing, ranges from 2/10 games to 8/10 games (you can see his quality now and then, unlike Mustafi who is a negative number if anything), always sticks up for his teammates rather than blaming them and is a good leader (though after all that's happened, he shouldn't be captain)

MOD EDIT: Relax !!!

SevenOfClubs

I do feel for him, think people underestimate the amount of psychological damage that abuse can do a professional player.

But at the same time he isn't helping himself by not trying to move away. Trying to run down his contract and that stupid earcup celebration he did!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Toss him in the nearest bin!! I'd say he's done at this level but he's always been playing 7 levels above his actual skillset :lol:

Behrengauna

The worst thing about some Arsenal players is their unreflecting character. Their lack of footballing quality certainly doesn't help, but that attitude of not taking the blame, protesting and diving is unbearable.

Looking at Liverpool and their current group of seemingly well-mannered, hard-working and utterly successful group of players makes me jealous as hell.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but the guy couldn’t handle pressure. It was the only thing stopping him from being world class.

He’s have an amazing run of games then inexplicably cost you in a big one. United at home a few seasons ago, Atletico when he let Griezemann score, the euros final where he let Eder score.

Little bit bottler he was.

And ended his Arsenal tenure as a petulant traitor, **** him. We'll hopefully replace him with defenders who eclipse him in ability.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He made life difficult for Wenger, Unai and now Arteta.

Mustafi has to go down as Wenger's legendary signing for the wrong reasons. This guy really is something else :lol:

He is a liability and is capable of those blunders at any moment, we've known it for ages yet the managers you name all selected him. I know we have injuries but if you don't play him then he cant lose us points. Xhaka could have started CB rather than play this clown. He's an awful player, he should never play for us again, I'd rather we make Medley 4th choice than play Mustafi.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Feel sorry for him tbf, looking at his eyes he seems absolutely done mentally. Feel like Arteta could turn it around with him and fingers crossed if he isnt off next season (highly unlikely he will be sold since no one wants him) that he becomes a bit more mentally resilient.

Theres nothing better than seeing someone climb out of a mental rut.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Pretty much what Albakos said.

I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup but that doesn't mean he deserves alot of the vile abuse he gets on social media. The club signed him.... not the other way around. Alot of the posters here would kill for a chance to play for the club - and be utterly incapable of performing.

He obviously cares alot- he literally went grey in the face after that backpass. Problem is he just doesn't seem to have the mental strength to be a top player. He can perform really well for a period of the game and then a single mistake makes him go to pieces.

He just can't seem to pull himself together (yesterday being the exception to the rule). As his self doubt grows the number of brain fades increase and it just becomes a vicious circle

Xhaka is completely the opposite. Took balls and incredible self belief to come back after the Palace game and perform the way he has under Arteta so far. Mustafi doesn't have that.

Like I said, want him out of the club but he's still an Arsenal player for now and I do hope he gets the support needed from his team mates and the club to get his head right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom