• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandaid

goofy goofed. no biggie. mentally he is destroyed. Xhaka came back, but Mustafi has been struggling for way longer. Its tough but I have seen kos, per, sok, luiz, holding, chambers make worse mistakes. He is still 27 and can still become a great defender. He is great in the air and has a good passing range and pace.

I have faith in Arteta to give him the best help he can get.

will save my bile for the referees and owners.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

EO5UGiWXsAAt0fc

Man I hate stats sometimes. :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Pretty much what Albakos said.

I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup but that doesn't mean he deserves alot of the vile abuse he gets on social media. The club signed him.... not the other way around. Alot of the posters here would kill for a chance to play for the club - and be utterly incapable of performing.

He obviously cares alot- he literally went grey in the face after that backpass. Problem is he just doesn't seem to have the mental strength to be a top player. He can perform really well for a period of the game and then a single mistake makes him go to pieces.

He just can't seem to pull himself together (yesterday being the exception to the rule). As his self doubt grows the number of brain fades increase and it just becomes a vicious circle

Xhaka is completely the opposite. Took balls and incredible self belief to come back after the Palace game and perform the way he has under Arteta so far. Mustafi doesn't have that.

Like I said, want him out of the club but he's still an Arsenal player for now and I do hope he gets the support needed from his team mates and the club to get his head right.

Top post. There is and never will be anything that justifies abuse no matter how the performance may be. That's just some principles of life which is a given in and outside of the football world to begin with.

Wanting a player out, hate seeing him play for us and wishing that human being sufferance and pain have to be two distinct things.

I feel so ashamed for any fan that goes beyond normal anger as a fan - it also falls back to the whole fan base.

Mustafi is doing what any human would - looking to have a successful life with the means given to him, to do what makes him happy and take possibilities as anyone else would - it's up to the club to not play him again, if they deem him not good enough ffs.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I can't afford to think about how bad he felt, feels or is going to feel whenever things go bad for him in a game of football. I wouldn't slag him off to his face because that's just rude and he may even clump me, so I murder him in the confines and secrecy of AM--and nowhere else. I've got more serious things to give a toss about without pretending to care how he feels on his 100k a week. I honestly and sincerely could not give a ****. Social media, again, is not even worth a mention.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Top post. There is and never will be anything that justifies abuse no matter how the performance may be. That's just some principles of life which is a given in and outside of the football world to begin with.

Wanting a player out, hate seeing him play for us and wishing that human being sufferance and pain have to be two distinct things.

I feel so ashamed for any fan that goes beyond normal anger as a fan - it also falls back to the whole fan base.

Mustafi is doing what any human would - looking to have a successful life with the means given to him, to do what makes him happy and take possibilities as anyone else would - it's up to the club to not play him again, if they deem him not good enough ffs.
Why are you worrying about how psychos on the internet act towards him? You do realise there's about a trillion other things you'd have to worry about if that worries you or makes you feel ashamed. I'd prioritise if I were you mate!

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
What does his salary realistically have to do with this though. Whether it's an academy salary or an Özil level salary changes nothing.

Could never understand that kind of thinking. As if having money somehow vaccinates someone from confidence issues or mental problems or having thousands of weirdos on social media calling you a useless **** or wishing you or your family were dead.

It's the club that valued him at the level he gets paid. Play the ball, not the man

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

And all the cupcakes feel sad for him.

This is what’s wrong with our club.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Social media, again, is not even worth a mention.

Not directed at you per se but would be easier take te point more seriously if it wasn't made on an internet forum.

Not least one where at least once a day someone loses the plot and goes postal over something innocuous.

I mean I love you all obviously but there are some here who are genuinely disturbing

Last edited:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Not directed at you per se but would be easier take this post more seriously if it wasn't posted on an internet forum.

Not least one where at least once a day so. Eone loses the plot and goes postal over something innocuous.

I mean I love you all obviously but there are some here who are genuinely disturbing

Its honestly just a case of you dont know until you yourself have broken down and seen how much people will jump in to keep you down.

We are all narcissistic but social media and forums takes that to new heights. We hide our insecurities by picking a scapegoat and running to it.

Again, for majority, unless they have actually suffered from having being tormented to a point of breaking, they will never understand.

Ive developed so much time for anyone who genuinely tries but their mental funk gets the best of them. At 27 (hits close to me) he will bounce back and probably eclipse the heights people felt. Would be unfortunate if this leads him to a place of no return.

Big up to him for actually trying, the next thing he needs to do is actually take responsibility for his mistakes more readily instead of looking at the closest person to blame.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I remember years ago, Kevin Phillips was playing in the Championship and he helped his team win promotion to the PL. He was congratulated but said he wouldn't be going up to the PL with them as he wasn't good enough. I admire that level of honesty. This is arguably the worst squad I've seen at our club and Mustafi isn't good enough for it. He should take charge of his life and move on. Take a pay cut, take back his self respect and have a desire to play football, preferably at the right level for him. I don't condone the personal abuse but the trolling and social media comments about his ability or lack of are our food the course. #just go away Mustafi

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
By all accounts he initially wanted to stay and fight for his place but has given up on being a success here and wants to leave. His agents must have tapped up the entire Bundesliga by now...

Realism isn't all that popular on an i tenet forum but let's be honest... in his current state he's just not all that attractive to anyone. We've tried to offload him for last two or three windows with no success.

Meanwhile, short of playing Xhaka at the back we have **** all cover there either - and no sign of anyone arriving anytime soon.

We're stuck with each other until the summer.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Shkodran Mustafi #20

DNt2nDOUQAAXDO-.jpg

Nationality: Germany
40.png

Position: Defender
Height: 1.84 m
Dominant Foot: Right
Contract Until: 2021​
This photo is a very apt description of him

Pop Tart

Established Member
I remember years ago, Kevin Phillips was playing in the Championship and he helped his team win promotion to the PL. He was congratulated but said he wouldn't be going up to the PL with them as he wasn't good enough. I admire that level of honesty. This is arguably the worst squad I've seen at our club and Mustafi isn't good enough for it. He should take charge of his life and move on. Take a pay cut, take back his self respect and have a desire to play football, preferably at the right level for him. I don't condone the personal abuse but the trolling and social media comments about his ability or lack of are our food the course. #just go away Mustafi
Phillips was a old man at that point and proven goal scorer in the prem. He knew he was past it, mustafi has never had it and cannot handle the league. Very odd comparison. Also why would he take a pay cut ? Would you take one?

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
goofy goofed. no biggie. mentally he is destroyed. Xhaka came back, but Mustafi has been struggling for way longer. Its tough but I have seen kos, per, sok, luiz, holding, chambers make worse mistakes. He is still 27 and can still become a great defender. He is great in the air and has a good passing range and pace.

I have faith in Arteta to give him the best help he can get.

will save my bile for the referees and owners.

I agree with most of what you said but this is simply not true. The amount of times he gave away the ball with a wayward pass against Chelsea alone was infuriating. Does it time and time again, tries to play a long pass and goes straight to the opposition. Even the commentators noted that the Chelsea front line would pressure Luiz and not Mustafi because the latter isn't capable of pulling off the passes Luiz is able to.

Manberg

Predator
We can go too far, far too often in criticising a player and wanting him out that the words and tone we use becomes abuse. Most of us gooners and fans of most other clubs are guilty of it. It’s all emotions but that doesn’t excuse it and we should all strive to do and be better.

Do some practice:

Instead of... “GET THE F*** OUT OF MY CLUB YOU PIECE OF SH*T!!!”

try saying...

“sorry Mustafi but you are not good enough and it would be better if you leave”.

Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Phillips was a old man at that point and proven goal scorer in the prem. He knew he was past it, mustafi has never had it and cannot handle the league. Very odd comparison. Also why would he take a pay cut ? Would you take one?
Only the age gap makes it an "odd comparison". The principle is the same. A player has to acknowledge when they're not good enough if only privately. Mustafi is set for life. A pay cut isn't going to leave him struggling like an average person and yes, I would take a pay cut if it meant actually doing a job, not losing my mind and getting a load of deserved trolling. I guess your a Mustafi fan.

bandaid

I agree with most of what you said but this is simply not true. The amount of times he gave away the ball with a wayward pass against Chelsea alone was infuriating. Does it time and time again, tries to play a long pass and goes straight to the opposition. Even the commentators noted that the Chelsea front line would pressure Luiz and not Mustafi because the latter isn't capable of pulling off the passes Luiz is able to.

you are right to feel this way.. but our mustafi has a good passing range and always tries to thread a through ball long.... usually they dont come off, but he keeps trying.

I meant he has the technical ability for long passing and power in his pass... but is mentally shot and screws up decision-making.

thats what i meant ...doesnt mean i am right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom