• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That’s exactly my point... he’s been good for 6/7 games. I’m not saying he doesn’t or won’t make errors - if and when that happens then fair enough he’d get stick but why after good performances? That means no matter how he performs ur gonna come here and be negative towards him? Kinda sad.
Like @Riou said, I don't think I can ever trust mustafi again. From what I've found out these past four years, all it takes is one brainfart. It might be in a big game or an important one for that matter, sooner or later, He's going to fvck up. So I might as well prepare myself mentally for it.

I've been among those who have given him kudos on his recent performances, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that mustafi has been world class in the last few games. He's only been solid. Luiz has been just as influential if not more than mustafi.
We've become so accustomed to errors that any game he doesn't make errors, he's seen as "spectacular."
The only reason I'm happy is that his recent performances may increase his value for when we decide to sell in the summer

Last edited:

elemoo

Like @Riou said, I don't think I can ever trust mustafi again. From what I've found out these past four years, all it takes is one brainfart. It might be in a big game or an important one for that matter, sooner or later, He's going to fvck up. So I might as well prepare myself mentally for it.

I've been among those who have given him kudos on his performances, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that mustafi has been world class there last few games. He's only been solid. Luiz has been just as influential if not more than mustafi.
We've become so accustomed to errors that any game he doesn't make errors, he's seen as "spectacular."
The only reason I'm happy is that his recent performances may increase his value for when we decide to sell in the summer

That’s a fair and balanced a opinion (a rarity on AM these days).... and agree we have suffered plenty of calamity over the last 4yrs to cast doubt so wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold in Summer.

I think it’s good to be realistic without bashing a player though... I don’t see how that helps us as fans to be on a united front in the way Arteta is trying to do with the players... this opinion on Mustafi isn’t exactly a new one so by having a dig when he plays well does nothing for us as a fan base, when it would be much more valuable to get behind a player that performing well. If he makes a mess next week, fine bash him for that performance. But if you’re just gonna bash him regardless of how he plays, what do u gain? How many times do u (not you personally) need to ‘vent’ about a player after a good performance? Maybe this is valuable to some fans, I’m just bewildered at that type of mentality.

Don’t be a ‘trust is earned’ type of person. Be a ‘trust is given until proven undeserved’ type of person. And this should be flexible on the current state of things. If Arteta can give Xhaka and Mustafi a clean slate then im all for it.

I do however understand the hesitation to trust a player who had let the team down in the past on many occasions so you’re right and justified in your lack of trust if I feel strongly about it. But going beyond that into ‘bashing’ territory is a bit much imo.

ps excuse my spelling just got bk in from Berghain #londonerlivinginberlin

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That’s a fair and balanced a opinion (a rarity on AM these days).... and agree we have suffered plenty of calamity over the last 4yrs to cast doubt so wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold in Summer.

I think it’s good to be realistic without bashing a player though... I don’t see how that helps us as fans to be on a united front in the way Arteta is trying to do with the players... this opinion on Mustafi isn’t exactly a new one so by having a dig when he plays well does nothing for us as a fan base, when it would be much more valuable to get behind a player that performing well. If he makes a mess next week, fine bash him for that performance. But if you’re just gonna bash him regardless of how he plays, what do u gain? How many times do u (not you personally) need to ‘vent’ about a player after a good performance? Maybe this is valuable to some fans, I’m just bewildered at that type of mentality.

Don’t be a ‘trust is earned’ type of person. Be a ‘trust is given until proven undeserved’ type of person. And this should be flexible on the current state of things. If Arteta can give Xhaka and Mustafi a clean slate then im all for it.

I do however understand the hesitation to trust a player who had let the team down in the past on many occasions so you’re right and justified in your lack of trust if I feel strongly about it. But going beyond that into ‘bashing’ territory is a bit much imo.

ps excuse my spelling just got bk in from Berghain #londonerlivinginberlin
Totally agree with you bro.

I'm happy he's performing well. I'd be delighted if he manage to sustain his current level till the end of the season

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I want him sold even if he performs at a WC level until the end of the season.

Form is temporary, class (or lack thereof) is permanent.

He’s already made more unforgivable errors in his short spell here than an actual top CB would make in their entire career. Enough is enough. Hope he can make a good career for himself somewhere, but we’ve more than enough evidence that he’s never going to cut it at this level.
I hear you but you gotta dare to dream bro.

These things sound like cliches that never happen but they do happen. Have to be an optimist at heart as an Arsenal fan or this club will kill you.:lol:

If he was to perform at a world class level up until the end of the season I’d definitely

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Motm today, hopefully we get a better player in and he can go on with a new slate somewhere else.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Tempted to give him our MOTM today just for shouting at Bellerin for being Bellerin and having no defensive awareness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another great performance from mustafi specially 2nd half. As much his performance is getting better but you have to be ruthless and improve the defense next season

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
But I'd still sell him in the summer. Yes he's improved a lot but those crazy mistakes he makes are still there, we saw a couple in EL game but he got away with them.

Yeah can't deny it. At 27 you'd think you can get a good price for him, too. Saliba looks a good prospect so perhaps bring in a Mari character to rotate with Saliba as the Mustafi replacement next season, with Chambers/Holding coming back as well that's a decent set of CBs to be going with.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Seriously though I feel like the same stuff was said about Mustafi during the early parts of Emery's tenure, I have no faith he'll be consistently good. Hopefully he can keep this up until the end of season at least and we'll be able to sell him for a decent fee in the summer. Need to get rid of a few of our cb's and upgrade that position.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if Arteta has made a special effort to sort out Mustafi, after turning Xhaka round, then we have a very special manager - again

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m glad it’s somewhat working out for him. One thing you can say about Mustafi is despite his shortcomings he always tries his best.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He was blissfully unaware of runners on a few occasions early on, but didn't kick them up in the air when he recovered. That has to be a positive.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Average performance by him, was clinging on at times.

The standards are so low though that guys like him and Luiz get praised even in games where we were lucky not to concede 4/5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom