• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Today Mustafi came up against good strikers that attacked him and he did very well on the whole, so credit to him.

ArsenalLunatic

I know Mustafi is as popular as a 95 yr old lady at a motorcycle rally, but props to him today. He was confident, smart, and had many nice clearances in the box. Not my fav by a mile but kudos.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He cleared a lot of balls yesterday, and had a good performance. Kudos to Arteta for trusting him after the calamitous errors at Chelsea away and his poor defending with Chelsea home

But my biggest issue with him, is why he stays so far from an attacking runner. It looks like he wants to intercept a pass, but instead often times, you find him easily passed and we concede a dangerous situation in our box.
Yesterday, Richarlison and others made dangerous crosses in the box, while he was unable to intercept any of them.

Hopefully these improved performances mean his value is up so we can generate a better selling price.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was listening to the Handbrake Off podcast and I am not sure I like what I heard about Mustafi and his newfound swagger off the pitch. I am with Lee Dixon that he should keep his head down and string a long run off good performances together before starting to celebrate.

My impression of Mustafi is that he wants to be a bit of the team clown, a funny guy. Not sure as a CB playing for Arsenal that is what I want him to be. Do not have a good feeling about this.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was listening to the Handbrake Off podcast and I am not sure I like what I heard about Mustafi and his newfound swagger off the pitch. I am with Lee Dixon that he should keep his head down and string a long run off good performances together before starting to celebrate.

My impression of Mustafi is that he wants to be a bit of the team clown, a funny guy. Not sure as a CB playing for Arsenal that is what I want him to be. Do not have a good feeling about this.
You just know that it's just one bad result and one mistake away from it all unraveling

bandaid

lovely to see the phoenix like resurrection of the spine of the team. Mustafi - Xhaka - Özil

Shows that in life, one must never rush to judgement.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You just know that it's just one bad result and one mistake away from it all unraveling
He's still one big error away from falling right back down to the bottom again--except there will be no coming back from it the next time. He'd used up all his lives before this apparent resurgence. His bar was ridiculously low--all he's doing right now is not costing us games and benefiting from being less exposed. You can still see there's a demented donkey in there fighting to escape the body of a footballer. The donkey will win in the end.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Shows that in life, one must never rush to judgement.
tumblr_phhrm5HXPp1sva2fko1_500.gifv

elemoo

MOTM for us - his interceptions and last ditch tackles kept us in the game. Would have cleared the 2nd phase ball (as he had been doing all night) for their 2nd goal as opposed to Sokratis who just chilled and watched it float by.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Was awesome today and I think he would have cleared the final ball, he's generally good in the air and goes up for clearances BUT like Leno, Luiz, Sok, he will also cost 1 match very soon.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not one for shoulda/woulda/couldas but I think he would have headed that last ball away. Sokratis came on cold.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As others have said, he would probably at least fight for that cross and head it clear.
Sokratis just watched it roll in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom