• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine people calling mustafi the best CB under Arteta. He only started the few games before the lockdown.

Luiz has undoubtedly been our best CB

roz

Fake News Merchant
Imagine people calling mustafi the best CB under Arteta. He only started the few games before the lockdown.

Luiz has undoubtedly been our best CB
Don’t think anyone was that good really but for me I agree with Tourbillion, Mustafi played well under Arteta. Disciplined error free performances. Bare minimum any CB should be doing really, that said its a nice and welcome improvement

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Don’t think anyone was that good really but for me I agree with Tourbillion, Mustafi played well under Arteta. Disciplined error free performances. Bare minimum any CB should be doing really, that said its a nice and welcome improvement
It's so sad that expectations for mustafi has plummeted. Any game he doesn't make errors is now termed a top performance.

He was ok, not great. He just kept it simple that's all.

It's the same with Xhaka. Any game he doesn't make mistakes is seen as great performance even if he does **** all

roz

Fake News Merchant
It's so sad that expectations for mustafi has plummeted. Any game he doesn't make errors is now termed a top performance.

He was ok, not great. He just kept it simple that's all.

It's the same with Xhaka. Any game he doesn't make mistakes is seen as great performance even if he does **** all
Actually I think theres a big difference between both players.

Mustafi did his job well in the games mentioned. Xhaka didn’t imo, he wasn’t awful but he wasn’t particularly good either. Middle of the park is so important and there are many qualities a player can bring to enhance his teams play, positioning, defensive awareness, good passing, energy etc...

just dont think Xhaka is particularly good at anything. Throw in mistakes and you’re always going to be punished with that sort of player in that area of the pitch.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What is wrong with him? Just ignore everything on social networking sites, ffs. Go on it, spread whatever message you want to spread, turn notifications off, and turn the app off. Sheesh.

Manberg

Predator
What is wrong with him? Just ignore everything on social networking sites, ffs. Go on it, spread whatever message you want to spread, turn notifications off, and turn the app off. Sheesh.

Easier said than done. Mustafi's being kind. Some of the hate is personal bullying that also gets sent to families. It's abuse. Nothing is getting done about it. "Deal with it" is the wrong attitude to take, much like with racism. Abuse festers. Platforms such as AFTV play a part in it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The fact that Mustafi is our best defender at the moment just sums up our situation at the moment

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I like this from him. Mature and bright guy. Shame that doesn't translate to the pitch but at least I fancy him more now than Sok and Luiz under Arteta. :lol:
Imagine mustafi being our best CB and Xhaka being our best CM. We're ****ed aren't we?

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If you guys say he’s been good since Arteta I’ll just have to take your word for it. I personally have been traumatized by Mustafi so many times I can’t see it anymore. I just see every single way he can **** it up for us when the play comes towards him.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Was decent yesterday. One of the few bright spots. Might be able to get 15 mil for him at this rate. Problem is how do we replace our best CB with no funds?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you guys say he’s been good since Arteta I’ll just have to take your word for it. I personally have been traumatized by Mustafi so many times I can’t see it anymore. I just see every single way he can **** it up for us when the play comes towards him.

Yeah the thing is Mustafi has lots of good games, and some great games, he always has, but it's his terrible games that people remember. I think there's a tipping point for a defender where you make one too many mistakes and suddenly everyone's perception of you changes irrevocably. That happened for Mustafi a while ago. He needs a new start, somewhere with a bit less pressure and scrutiny. He'd be fantastic in Turkey.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Mustafi at his best is better than our current lot. The problem is his inexplicable brainfarts that more often than not cost us points. But Luiz is just on another level to Mustafi in terms of being a bum.

But the truth is we need to sell all our senior defenders.

Surely Saliba can't be worse?

Get Upamecano to partner Saliba and start afresh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The fact that the clown that is Mustafi is now our best CB shows how far we’ve fallen. Our buys in that position just continue to get worse, I don’t know how much lower we can go to continue that trend, we’ll start signing amputees next I reckon.

That poor ****er Saliba!

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

You dont seem to be too traumatized by that little **** Guendozi. I think it is more on how we want to see players not how they actually are. Mustafi is one the most hardworking players at Arsenal, and he took sh1t for the sh1t that was done by other defenders as well. Unfair treatment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People putting pressure in Saliba already guy is not even ready yet and will make mistake we need overhaul in defense players that can fit into Arteta system

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

People putting pressure in Saliba already guy is not even ready yet and will make mistake we need overhaul in defense players that can fit into Arteta system
Saliba would have to learn to handle the pressure. We need him next season. None of our current crop are good enough. They're all sh!te. He's going to be our starter next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom