• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, he looked out of sorts in the opening 10-15 mins but once he settles he can be solid.

Does he get overly nervous pre game?

a testament to his character in the way he’s come back from so much criticism.
He's just not very composed, but they seem to be working on that with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is very solid today again few bad moments but huge improvement.

Still if you want top 4 team mustafi shouldn't be near to first team.

I give him credit for last few games he been solid but in summer he should be sold

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was solid enough snd I respect him for telling the forwards to move more. He's a tryer and that towering header to cover the poor header by Luiz secured us the points. There's too much water under bridge with him snd I'd sell even if its a Miki esqe deal to free up wages. Well done to him tonight though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Credit to him he dealt with Traore at points when he had to but christ there's always a mistake lurking in there.

It's pretty annoying because aside from that he'd be really good defender.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Like I thought he had a dececnt performance, but he made one mistake early leaving Traore through on goal only for Martinez to get out very quickly, made another mistake and Luiz had to take a yellow to stop Traore again using his pace to get in behind. Missed passing the ball to Saka who was making runs in behind time and again in the first half. Bu at the same time he one a few balls in the air and at one point Ceballos was tackling Traore (I think) and he came in and bashed in to him and dispossessed him and then bashed in to him again to knock him over without giving away a free, great to see us being physical again.

harunh

Was never a fan of Mustafi ever he was so annoying , but what we got to understand is that players are different under different managers, and ARteta has surely rejuivinated him and he also done the same with Xhaka.

Mustafis performance are what i expected of him years ago, before he hadf a lot panic in him, but i dont see that panic no more.... he cant be that bad if hes been capped 20 times by Germany(a nation with 10 top centre backs)

Hes played in every game since the restart and is the reason why we have kept clean sheets

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The sun reporting that Arteta is impressed what he seeing from mustafi and we likely offering new contract.
giphy.gif

GunnerShy

I don't have an issue with extending his contract. He has been good under Mikel. He is a good age but with only a year left I don't believe we'd get anything for selling him.

Sokratis will go, Mavraponas will be sold. Chambers is injured. Luiz is only on the year contract.

Saliba is young but only played 16 times across competitions this season.

Whichever way you cut it, we will need centrebacks and investment is more likely and pressing in the midfield. An extension also means we can sell down the line if we wish.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We definitely could do with much better CB and if we give him new contract it'll be again 4 years with more than 100k we just putting ourselves in trouble

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't have an issue with extending his contract. He has been good under Mikel. He is a good age but with only a year left I don't believe we'd get anything for selling him.

Sokratis will go, Mavraponas will be sold. Chambers is injured. Luiz is only on the year contract.

Saliba is young but only played 16 times across competitions this season.

Whichever way you cut it, we will need centrebacks and investment is more likely and pressing in the midfield. An extension also means we can sell down the line if we wish.
He makes bad decisions under pressure, about the worst fault your last line of defence should have.

He's been making rash challenges and poor clearances since he came. His mistakes have cost us dozens of goals. He's also not even a half decent ball player.

A headless chicken CB is a complete liability, we'll never improve until he's sidelined or sold.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
El-Nenny part deux if we give this guy a contract off the back of few decent(by his standard) games.
He's never had a half decent game. Even when he heads some good good clearances in a match, there's always 3 or 4 woeful mistakes to counterbalance.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His been more solid because of the back three. I’m concerned how willing people are to give him extension.

If it weren’t for Martinez saving his ass we’d have been behind inside 30 seconds.

Standards for defenders are on the floor at the moment. Koscienly use to be destroyed by fans yet he’d probably still be our best defender.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His been more solid because of the back three. I’m concerned how willing people are to give him extension.

If it weren’t for Martinez saving his ass we’d have been behind inside 30 seconds.

Standards for defenders are on the floor at the moment. Koscienly use to be destroyed by fans yet he’d probably still be our best defender.

All of our defenders are better in a back 3 because they can't defend 1v1 and don't have the athleticism to push up the pitch when needed.

I am worried that the recent good form has clouded peoples view on the players. We cant start giving players that have embarrassed the club week in week out for years new deals.

I'm getting flashbacks to the Wenger years when we'd go on a run at the end of the season (when we had nothing to play for) and people suggested keeping the deadwood at the time.

I have more faith that Arteta/Raul/Edu than I did in Wenger/Gazidis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom