Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Jerome_Gooner, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

The first few pages of this thread are a hilarious read in 2019, so much hope and excitement, pretty much sums up how disappointing Mustafi has been for us.

say yes likes this.
  2. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

A lot of people thought he was quality some time ago, and our scouting staff obviously thought so as well. Did he have a purple patch or have we all been drunk for a few months?

3. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Watching it again I'd say Mustafi is equally as responsible for that Everton goal if not more so than Kola. Jagielka is his man at the back post there, gets caught ball watching and completely flat footed.

4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

This is it. I thought he had a good game (by his standards) but the problem is he is literally worth a crucial error each and EVERY game.

MustOezil and Jae like this.
  5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Guaranteed mate. For what we paid for him he has to be one of the worst signings we've made.

6. Mark Tobias

Fixed

Tourbillion and Jae like this.
  7. baccy_man

baccy_man Active Member

I hope he's gone by the start of next season, so many errors in nearly every game that he plays.
    I was reading an article about Lauren the other day how we could do with some one like him in our team again.
    Here is the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47780603

qwerty99 likes this.
  8. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I can't think of an Arsenal player I've disliked so much. It's just standard for us to expect him to be crap every game. He has at least 3 mistakes in him per 90 mins. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  9. Mark Tobias

[QUOTE="lamby22, post: 4774247, member: 97450"]I can't think of an Arsenal player I've disliked so much. It's just standard for us to expect him to be crap every game. He has at least 3 mistakes in him per 90 mins. Can't wait to see the back of him.[/QUOTE]
    Ranks up there with Squillaci and Silvestre for me. Although they weren't good for 3 mistakes EVERY game..

10. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

I can't remember them being that bad. Maybe it was because we didn't rely on them to play every single game that's affected my memories of them.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  11. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Plus they came in as cheap backup signings so a great deal wasnt really expected of them. Pound for pound musti is probably our worst signing of all time.

Artisan, MustOezil and lamby22 like this.
  12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

13. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

As much as i want him gone, i have to face reality and face the fact we are stuck with this clown.

14. Mark Tobias

No, your memory is fine. What i mean is that even they weren't that bad and I absolutely hated them both. But they would have 3 good games then 2 bad ones where as Mustafi only seems to have mistakes in him.

15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Mustafi could have a good game and ruin it all but doing some dumb ****, at least with Silvestre and Squillaci we knew they were ****. Mustafi has some quality there he's just brain dead.

lamby22, Mark Tobias and Tourbillion like this.
  16. Mark Tobias

This is it actually. EXACTLY!
    For almost every game there are signs that he could be a decent defender but then the mistake comes and completely erases any memory of any decent challenge, interception or anything worthwhile.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  17. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

How is Kola even getting blamed for this goal? He blocked a shot. If he wasnt there and it had scored then he could be blamed. Mustafi saw the flight of the ball early and still got beaten to it then was nowhere near his man when it came back.

18. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Completely agree mate. Not much he could have done about it! Mustafi on the other hand could have done plenty.

19. Mark Tobias

WOW, a clean sheet with Mustafi. Feels like a trophy. Thought he was pretty brave last night. Awesome defensive headers and not too much brain farting.

Ricardinho and Sapient Hawk like this.
  20. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Bizzare as it was, he wasn't the worst in an Arsenal shirt on the night & that's saying something :lol:

Mark Tobias likes this.