• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm no fan of Mustafi but he's definitely been scapegoated. We dropped him and were still terrible in defense but no one blames Koscielny or Sokratis. Koscielny has gotten away with so much from Arsenal fans in his career.
Very true. Sokratis was actually really not good during Mustafi's time off the pitch.
Can't say I agree 100% on Kos but I wouldn't class him as an all time great either. It is certainly true that we weren't any better when Mustafi had been dropped.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Sun has an article on VVD, he hasn’t been dribbled past once, the entire season. Mustafi 9 times.

Mustafi has conceded more goals, has a lower aerial win %, given away more penalties, won fewer duels, conceded 3 times more fouls and lost more possession. The only thing Mustafi was better at was he made more tackles, but that’s probably because he lunges in too much.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very true. Sokratis was actually really not good during Mustafi's time off the pitch.
Can't say I agree 100% on Kos but I wouldn't class him as an all time great either. It is certainly true that we weren't any better when Mustafi had been dropped.
Sokratis is better than a Mustafi for sure and a lot of people rate him on here. But honestly, he’s still hot headed and will cost us over a season. Don’t mind him and the ageing Kos as back up, but we either need one classy CB alongside Holding or 2 CBs depending on how well Holding recovers, else no progression.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sokratis is better than a Mustafi for sure and a lot of people rate him on here. But honestly, he’s still hot headed and will cost us over a season. Don’t mind him and the ageing Kos as back up, but we either need one classy CB alongside Holding or 2 CBs depending on how well Holding recovers, else no progression.

Koscielny/Mertesacker partnership worked well because of Per’s calming influence offsets Koscielny’s rashness while Koscielny could cover his physical limitations.

When you surround Koscielny with other rash players it becomes a mess, we need someone with calmness and patience.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Koscielny/Mertesacker partnership worked well because of Per’s calming influence offsets Koscielny’s rashness while Koscielny could cover his physical limitations.

When you surround Koscielny with other rash players it becomes a mess, we need someone with calmness and patience.
This is why I still rate Kos. Not as world class but as capable to be part of a well balanced defence. Of course his achilles might have something to say about that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If he played last night and the result was the same everyone would be blaming him.

Are you seriously trying to make out like he's some sort of victim? He can be decent defender at times but the evidence is there for the amount of mistakes he makes. Those can't be denied. Those you can't afford at the level we want to compete at. It's pretty simple.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He still need to go that mistake against Crystal Palace ended our hopes when we were starting dominate the game. sell get 15M and get better CB

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you have a look back through this thread, remember when fans were saying that Emery being hired will improve Trashstafi defensively and Xhaka?

:lol: :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Are you seriously trying to make out like he's some sort of victim? He can be decent defender at times but the evidence is there for the amount of mistakes he makes. Those can't be denied. Those you can't afford at the level we want to compete at. It's pretty simple.

He's a scapegoat, our defense play the same with or without him. Koscielny and Sokratis aren't much better than him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
zaha-mustafi.jpg

BigPoppaPump

I have lot more time for Koscielny because he doesn't blame everyone else and his mother for his mistakes.

After he got put in a headlock in that Euro final for France and then hearing how he cried in front of everyone was we was meant to do a leader speech but he lose all patience with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom