• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ultimately up to Emery, but he's shown literally nothing that shows he deserves another season.

Still don't think its worth selling him for £15M. If he wants to go after seeing two CB's come in then fair enough, if he wants to improve and fight for his place he can.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Still don't think its worth selling him for £15M. If he wants to go after seeing two CB's come in then fair enough, if he wants to improve and fight for his place he can.
I'd rather play Chambers and Holding as backup if we get two CB's in. Mustafi would take up a squad place and not contribute much.

I get your point from a financial POV.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd rather play Chambers and Holding as backup if we get two CB's in. Mustafi would take up a squad place and not contribute much.

I get your point from a financial POV.

Even Chambers man he just doesn't do it for me. He's 24 this year, he isn't a spring chicken anymore and just hasn't improved at all. I couldn't trust him over a full season.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Even Chambers man he just doesn't do it for me. He's 24 this year, he isn't a spring chicken anymore and just hasn't improved at all. I couldn't trust him over a full season.
I'd trust him more than Mustafi at this point though. I hope we send Mavroponas out on loan, if he's not going to be in contention

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd trust him more than Mustafi at this point though. I hope we send Mavroponas out on loan, if he's not going to be in contention

I see your point. I don't trust any of them to be honest. Seriously need to bring Sokratis and Soyuncu in I think.

Mustafi
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Chambers
Mavro (loan)
Holding (loan)

With Kosc coming back in December would be fine I think.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I see your point. I don't trust any of them to be honest. Seriously need to bring Sokratis and Soyuncu in I think.

Mustafi
Sokratis
Soyuncu
Chambers
Mavro (loan)
Holding (loan)

With Kosc coming back in December would be fine I think.
I don't think Kos will ever be what he was. You don't usually come back from an Achilles

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Essentially Sokratis will be coming to replace him by the looks of things.
Hope he does well, but we need a Mertesacker replacement as well. Sokratis will be a good Kos replacement, but even Koscielny's best times were with Mertesacker guiding him. Sokratis will need the same, he's also the Kos variety of dive in first, think later

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Emery has a history of working and improving what he's got, I think that applies to Mustafi. He won't come in and poo-poo Mustafi from the off, I imagine he'll think "I can get this guy more organised and improve him". I'm with @HairSprayGooners , I don't see any point at all in selling him unless you're sure you can bring in two senior centre-backs this window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Emery has a history of working and improving what he's got, I think that applies to Mustafi. He won't come in and poo-poo Mustafi from the off, I imagine he'll think "I can get this guy more organised and improve him". I'm with @HairSprayGooners , I don't see any point at all in selling him unless you're sure you can bring in two senior centre-backs this window.

At the end of the day he wrote about how he could improve every single player in that squad. The only ones that'll be sold are the ones who actually want to go and don't want to go through the process. The main clean up operation has been done.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
At the end of the day he wrote about how he could improve every single player in that squad. The only ones that'll be sold are the ones who actually want to go and don't want to go through the process. The main clean up operation has been done.
Let's hope he improves then. If Emery does have Mustafi in his plans, then I have faith in Emery.

tcahill

I can't think of one good thing he does, other than pop up with a couple of headers now and again.

Is he good aerially? No, remember that Aguero howler. Remember the countless other times he's been beaten aerially.

Is he pacy? No

To compensate for all that, is he a good decision maker like Mertesacker? No, he makes Squillaci looks like a big brained defender

Is he good at possession play? No, he plays idiotic long balls to midget players

This simply isn't true.

His one problem has always been his lapses in concentration. He has a inexplicable tendency to suddenly go to sleep. This has always been his major issue, nothing else. I believe that this could be mitigated by a different defensive system under a different manager, but I can understand completely why some people want him sold asap.

But I can't stand the revisionism in this thread about his abilities. He's very good aerially, difficult to beat in 1v1 duels, gets plenty of interceptions, decent in possession and is far from a slow defender.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
But I can't stand the revisionism in this thread about his abilities. He's very good aerially, difficult to beat in 1v1 duels, gets plenty of interceptions, decent in possession and is far from a slow defender.
Difficult to beat in 1 v 1 duels?

say yes

forum master baiter
He's very good aerially, difficult to beat in 1v1 duels

2awush.gif

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

That was a mistake in a bad choice of judgement by Mustafi to look for a foul. Stats prove Mustafi is difficult to beat on one vs one rather than his media image.

Remember the media make out Koulibaly to be WC CB. The truth Koulibaly had an excellentt break season but has become increasingly error prone the past seasons (even more so than Mustafi).

TheArsenalis

How about all those times Mustafi has sh*tted himself? It's been numerous occasions over the past two seasons.

Do you remember the Carbao Cup final when he made a criminal mistake?

I can't believe there are people that actually defend Sh*tstafi :lol: :lol:

Low realised he's **** so he binned him. I hope Arteta does the same.
***** where in my post did i defend him? why are you bastardizing his name? you should be a fvcking shame as an arsenal fan the way you treat your players. ffs

i wasn't saying he was good, was referring to this ridiculousness about him being outpaced. john terry had no legs, but he knows the art of defending.
mustafi does need to pull his socks up. but practice makes perfect and if they don't do practice drills in training then it will show on match day.

it doesn't matter what the pairing is at cb arsenal, there is a common repetitive mistakes happening. the same **** out done numerous times. none of brighten defender had the cost the amount ours do but i don't see them doing the same comedy. they are prepared for situations. arsenal on the other hand, meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom