• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Just figured out what Mustafi reminds me of, he's a puppy. I think I'd quite like him, if it weren't for the fact he's supposed to be a senior central defender.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Just figured out what Mustafi reminds me of, he's a puppy. I think I'd quite like him, if it weren't for the fact he's supposed to be a senior central defender.

WilshereGone

He can cut this out. Still young. A decent defender in there somewhere.
Not so sure. He's 26 and is an experienced defender at this stage, but his lack of awareness and reading of the game is showing no signs of improving imo. Just don't think he has enough tactical nous about him to ever be a top defender.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am really split on him as a player. Maybe it is like was said above that simply isn’t very mature. Still he is supposed to be, or come into his prime now. 26 isn’t that young for a professional footballer. Think the lack of defensive focus under Wenger really hurt his development. Hopefully something of that can be rectified under Emery. Wouldn’t be surprised though if he is shipped off next summer if he doesn’t improve significantly.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He needs a psychiatrist. There's something really wrong in his head. How can someone look like one of the best defenders in the world for extended periods of time, and yes, he does do that for like 80 minutes of the game...... and then for 10 minutes, spaced in intervals, look like has no idea that he's on a football pitch or that he's supposed to defend, or that he's supposed to follow his man.

Worrying about poor Bellerin and insta bullying but implicating Mustafi to be mentally ill. Right. Even if it's tongue in cheek - serious bellend posting.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Worrying about poor Bellerin and insta bullying but implicating Mustafi to be mentally ill. Right. Even if it's tongue in cheek - serious bellend posting.
Where did I imply he was mentally ill?

Many teams employ a psychiatrist to help improve concentration, or to help a player deal with stress.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How do you not see that stating "there is something wrong with his head" doesn't in some way insinuate he is mentally ill after quoting he needa psych before that....
I get that teams use psychiatry. I never questioned that. You asked @Toby Andrl where you implied that he was mentally ill and I, very kindly, quoted all necessary info as to where he got that implication from....

Not adverse to him seeing a shrink, mate. ;)

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, no doubt. But watching him play you could come to the same conclusion. Do you find the accusation far-fetched at all?
He looked scared of Drogba but so did our entire back four for a good five year stretch. Senderos still had that catastrophic error with him playing for Fulham.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He looked scared of Drogba but so did our entire back four for a good five year stretch. Senderos still had that catastrophic error with him playing for Fulham.
Fear is a psychological aspect of the game, no?

TBF, I'd piss my pants playing against Drogba. Dude was unreal when he played us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom