• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I know it isn't exactly popular but for me he's been pretty good recently, heck I'd even go as far as saying that as a partnership Mustafi-Holding have been doing quite well together.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I know it isn't exactly popular but for me he's been pretty good recently, heck I'd even go as far as saying that as a partnership Mustafi-Holding have been doing quite well together.

Fans are very biased, pay no mind. Mustafi has been very good this season, has clearly improved. You can look at a defender like Thiago Silva and countless times he has been guilty of making mistakes that Mustafi gets slated for. My point is that all defenders have brainfarts, with Mustafi the frequency is a bit worrying but not incredibly worse and last season it seemed like all of his mistakes led to goals which basically has everything to do with how the team is set up. Not anymore!

Mustafi is great at defending high balls, has great positioning and reliable heading in those circumstances, has pace, and good passing. Not a particularly bad tackler either. He isn't great but he is currently better than any CB at Man. United, for example. It's not easy at all to improve on him with the current state of the transfer market.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Very good this season and I don't think that anyone can complain anymore about money invested in him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Could have been with West Brom in the championship by now but they didn't want him. And now he's doing well again with us.

What a crazy little game, football. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He has improved for sure but he still has this annoying habit of stopping play before the ref. He did it again on Sun and if the ref hadn't blown we would have been in trouble. He has got them wrong before (Aguero) he needs to learn.
Nothing drives me up the wall more than when a player does this!

ThlRama

Err... Sokratis cost less than £20,000,000, Koscielny cost less than £10,000,000, Holding cost £2,000,000 etc.

Sokratis was a bargain tbh, the others are older transfers and Holding was just a prospect. For a better measure look at Lindelof, Bailly, van Dijk, Rudiger (who has been amazing in all honesty,) David Luiz... Funny thing is that, as I've said, despite Mustafi being our most slated starter, he is unquestionably better than any CB at Man. United on current form, despite the hundreds of millions they have spent lately. Sometimes we complain too much.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Err... Sokratis cost less than £20,000,000, Koscielny cost less than £10,000,000, Holding cost £2,000,000 etc.
Err, Sokratis is 30, Koscielney came from Ligue 2, Holding came from the championship and finished bottom that season we bought him.
Sokratis - Some international caps for Greece
Kos - Had no international caps when he joined us
Holding - Yet to be capped at senior international level

Mustafi was a capped international at 23 years of age when we bought him.

What planet are you from? Are you playing FIFA right now or something?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see mustafi pretty happy about the performance today

:lol: wtf!

business-commerce-cautiously_optimistic-optimist-optimistic-businessmen-positive_attitudes-rde9123_low.jpg

Reactions: A_G

nick gould

He so underrated on this forum. He has an error or two in him but the guy loves defending. He has that natural hatred for strikers the kind you see between dog and hare. He wants to make them suffer. Sometimes his enthusiasm causes him to rush things. His beard is not helping either.

ThlRama

He so underrated on this forum.

He is underrated amongst all PL fans, who seem to have the strangest standards. It was clear that his terrible form had a lot to do with bad defensive and personal coaching, as well as zero protection from midfield. He has clearly improved this season and as I have written multiple times is currently better than any CB a team like Man. Utd can field, and that says it all. It's great to drool over the T. Silvas of this world, but they are few in numbers, expensive and still rely on good coaching and defensive organization to perform. Meanwhile, an absolutely fantastic defender like Rudiger is overlooked when he should be praised day and night, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are overrated to the heavens because they play for the media honeys #2, under a very clever manager and in a system that never leaves them exposed, and nobody seems to pay attention to what an awful set of CBs the country's biggest club has, most of which were bought for over 30m apiece, twice the price of Sokratis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom