• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Let's remember that Mustafi has had a comparable season to a defender who was playing with an Achilles injury all season, and the best partnership of our season was between a Greek Debutant and a 23 year old right back turned center back.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Let's remember that Mustafi has had a comparable season to a defender who was playing with an Achilles injury all season

Comparably ****, that is. A portion of the mistakes blamed on Mustafi are down to Koscielny not being in position or too slow at tracking back, leaving Mustafi to cover more ground and opposition players he can humanly handle. It always looks bad for Shkodran being the last to slide in or be bypassed, but it often started earlier with Koscielny making a mistake or not getting into position. Another portion, not only for Mustafi but for Kos also, goes for the same kind of mistakes by the fullbacks - horrendous positional play by them most of the time.

That's not wanting to excempt him of all blame, but it's not like Mustafi is the culprit in a 100% of goals conceded. The whole ****e, disorganised backline is in on it.

That's why I am tempted to say let's see how they all do under a new manager. On the other hand, Mustafi has made some blatant individual mistakes you cannot blame on the defensive unit when his hand wasn't forced by the other guys f*uckin up. Right now I'm more on the "not hating but fed up so get rid" train.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'd sell and go all out for two of De Ligt,Manolas or Sokratis. At this stage, it's a matter of trust and I'm not sure too many trust Mustafi. Sometimes you just have to let a player go. It's a bit like Fabianski and Co. He might look good for Swansea and have great stats but no Gooner really wants him back here.
Forget De Ligt. Like all our favorites, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Davinson Sanchez, he’ll end up at Sp**s because we are ****ing sleeping at the wheel. Arsenal should be first option for these guys, they all love the club but we don’t rate the eredivisie.

TheArsenalis

Comparably ****, that is. A portion of the mistakes blamed on Mustafi are down to Koscielny not being in position or too slow at tracking back, leaving Mustafi to cover more ground and opposition players he can humanly handle. It always looks bad for Shkodran being the last to slide in or be bypassed, but it often started earlier with Koscielny making a mistake or not getting into position. Another portion, not only for Mustafi but for Kos also, goes for the same kind of mistakes by the fullbacks - horrendous positional play by them most of the time.

That's not wanting to excempt him of all blame, but it's not like Mustafi is the culprit in a 100% of goals conceded. The whole ****e, disorganised backline is in on it.

That's why I am tempted to say let's see how they all do under a new manager. On the other hand, Mustafi has made some blatant individual mistakes you cannot blame on the defensive unit when his hand wasn't forced by the other guys f*uckin up. Right now I'm more on the "not hating but fed up so get rid" train.
People keep on harping on about him being dropped for germany. We can all agree Leroy sane was very useful to epl winners this season. And im surr he wasnt dropped for germany because he is useless

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'm surprised we haven't got rid of him already.

The lad is poverty.

There could be a highlight reel of the mistakes he's made from the two previous seasons. Top stuff for a defender we paid 35M for.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I hope the silence around him doesn't last too long, he should be moved on. The Kosc injury might have made the club wary though, they may feel we need to keep him to make up the numbers. I'd prefer to give Chambers and Mavropanos his minutes though.

Masta Don

He's been a poor signing no doubt about it. Question is how much of his fee we can recover. Why couldnt we just look at who Sp**s were going to sign and sign them instead of all the donkeys we ended up with.

BobP

Memri Fan
Have seen enough defenders go from playing like **** to looking like world beaters to write Mustafi off, even though dissing him seems to be the flavour of the month.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Have seen enough defenders go from playing like **** to looking like world beaters to write Mustafi off, even though dissing him seems to be the flavour of the month.
Him and Xhaka have the same mental issue.

I don't see it being solved, but if Emery can do it somehow, they have everything there to be world class. I just don't think being a ***** can be compensated by a coach though

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He makes really basic mistakes though, the fundamentals are at least there in say Chambers even if he makes mistakes.

I’m not sure Mustafi has them though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I think this is fair. You could also argue that he and Kos are too similar to be partners anyway. So essentially you had one gung ho aggressive CB diminished by injury and age being covered by another CB with the exact same instincts in a team that was overall dysfunctional defensively. A proper recipe for disaster. Perhaps Mustafi deserves the benefit of a more "natural" or at least more complimentary pairing with Sokratis under a manager with a more solid defensive base.

Oh_Snap

Mertesacker is probably the most underrated arsenal player of the past 5 years. If we don't get a brain like his next to Mustafi (i doubt that Sokratis is the answer) i fear Mustafi will fail again. There's a strong defender in him and used right he's an absolute machine, i'm sure about that. A partnership of him and Sokratis is worrying to me though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think people are forgetting how good Musatfi has been in the first part of both seasons. We were unbeaten in every match Mustafi played for long time when he first joined. Mustafi in his first seven league matches of his second season we kept 6 clean sheets and only conceading 1 goal. Granted Mustafi performances did decline in both seasons as the season progressed however he has displayed talent. I am just hoping Emery can iron out his late in the season errors and make his early.season form consisstent throughout the whole season.

Senderos, Djourou, Vermaelen, Gabriel all have gone through periods where they have looked invincible. ATM Mustafi is no better than any of them. Being consistent IS a talent and not a lot of players have it in them, this is the difference between a Campbell/Kos and the ones who are not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom