• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

Said it before, I'll quite happily piggy back Mustafi to whichever club in the world he wants to go to if we can get rid.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Valencia done us right over there. Because of the fee we paid im sure we wouldn't even sell for less than 25m so we could be stuck with him for quite a while.

His contract must be coming up to the last year or two as well as I don't recall us handing him a new deal?

If two players sum up our slump the last few years then it's he and Xhaka. Big money on both and neither have kept up the standards of those they replaced. At least Xhaka has a bit more about him that means he can serve a purpose but all hope for musti is pretty much gone.
Said it before.

Summer 2016 (and 2015 with the Cech fiasco) set us back years.

The previous regime should be ****ing ashamed.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
DygAk3mW0AAFjF_.jpg

What the ****:lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

So classic moments in here

Are all of those moments that cost us goals? Because Mustafi does something stupid in most games but isn't punished sometimes so those aren't highlighted

EDIT:

They aren't, just watched a few more. Whoever scouted and recommended this guy should be fired.

I strongly and I mean strongly believe that buying Mustafi and Xhaka directly contributed to us dropping out of the top 4. Awful performances from the two of them in key positions on the field for us. Regardless of what either becomes in the future, its hard to argue that their ineptitude hasn't cost us greatly in the past few years.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Are all of those moments that cost us goals? Because Mustafi does something stupid in most games but isn't punished sometimes so those aren't highlighted

EDIT:

They aren't, just watched a few more. Whoever scouted and recommended this guy should be fired.

I strongly and I mean strongly believe that buying Mustafi and Xhaka directly contributed to us dropping out of the top 4. Awful performances from the two of them in key positions on the field for us. Regardless of what either becomes in the future, its hard to argue that their ineptitude hasn't cost us greatly in the past few years.

You could argue that summer spending the amount of money we did might possibly be worse than the summer we only bought Cech. Because we wasted over 100 million but the squad wasn't really improved on at all. Ironically it looks like our cheapest purchase of the summer, Holding, has turned out to be our best buy.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

EDIT:

Starting to wonder if someone behind the scenes made a lot of money out of our poor dealings over the last few years :lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
You could argue that summer spending the amount of money we did might possibly be worse than the summer we only bought Cech. Because we wasted over 100 million but the squad wasn't really improved on at all. Ironically it looks like our cheapest purchase of the summer, Holding, has turned out to be our best buy.

Not really improved on? We actively made the squad worse by making those two integral first team players. There's a reason Wenger didn't start Xhaka at the beginning of the season.

We missed out on top 4 by 1 point, just 1 in 2017. Imagine if we had a 6.5/10 DM and a 6.5/10 CM playing for us that season, who didn't make stupid mistakes every week. Not Sol Campbell and Patrick Vieira, just two steady eddy level players. I'm convinced we wouldn't have dropped out of the top 4

OSBK

Established Member
Anyone who has watched Iwobi should have anticipated his brain freeze. He panics when a decision has to be made.

Its crazy how many players we have like that and have had like that. IMO we need to get rid of anyone at the club like that. Holding onto those players wont improve the mentality of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom