Shkodran Mustafi: Chaotic Neutral

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Jerome_Gooner, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Contract up in ->

... 875 days
    ... 125 weeks
    ... 28 months
    ... 21000 hours
    ... 1260000 minutes
    ... 75600000 seconds

:bounce:

2. fransgooner

fransgooner Well-Known Member

3. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

Whenever our defenders have strong starts or a good couple of games after being signed I always fear for them.

Squilachi was the same.

You look at Kis and Monreal, shaky starts and BAM, starting every week.

4. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I try to focus on the positives but today the guy was so so sloppy in possession. So casual and reckless in his game. We are not getting our £35 mil back when he moves on.

5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Old Friend of Darkness

The moment I knew Gazidis was doing inside job for Manchester City was after 25 games of watching Mustafi... How we could let that happen is beyond my understanding and at this moment I have to conclude that there isn't must difference between most human beings like Gazidis and bag full of ****.

7. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

#throwback

American_Gooner likes this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

When we bought him first 6 months he was very good then he gone s**t and kept that way

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  9. Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia Well-Known Member

When we first signed him, he played pretty well and now he's just one in a long line of players we've signed that did a total 180 in terms of performance after they joined us.

Why do we always get the bad ones?

10. Ricardinho

Ricardinho Well-Known Member

Seems a lifetime ago now.

11. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Put him in a Falcon Heavy and launch it into space.

12. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Living a charmed life. That stat just means he missed our 3 defeats in the first half of the season. In true Mustafi fashion, we soon lost away at Watford on January 31st and that stat was no longer true.

We weren't defending well in the league or Europe at the time either.

13. Ricardinho

Didn't we beat Watford away that season? A Caz, Özil and Alexis masterclass. Or maybe that was the season before.

14. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38727389 It was actually a home defeat. Which makes it even worse but I was wrong on the away part.

15. Ricardinho

That's the one mate. The away game must have been early on that season before Cazorla got injured :(

16. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

does he deserves the bashing we provide for him?
    Would Bellerin shine like he is shinning without Mustafi?

im just asking...

Unai is ruthless if he does not rate him why play him?
    is there something we dont know about him?

Im in History Channel conspiracy mode today.

17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Old Friend of Darkness

IMO Bellerin best form came when he played with Mertesacker. It went a bit downhill when Mustafi took over the spot from Mertesacker. There is how ever more to Bellerin form dropping a little bit after great start to his career here than what CB covers behind him!

There are rumors that Wenger wanted to sell Mustafi after his first season here and now there are rumors surfacing that Emery want to sell. Emery is paid the big bucks because he knows more about the game but I would be very surprised if Mustafi hasn't been identified as the biggest weakness in our defense this season.

18. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Wenger was the most patient of managers. If he wanted Mustafi gone after one season, then he must be bad. Only Gervinho has been shown the door quicker iirc. Two club and one international manager doesn't want him. Bye.

19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Same could be said about Koscielny, next to Mertesacker he was great but without him he can be a liability at times. Mertesacker really held us together for years, we would have dropped out the top 4 sooner.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  20. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Reckon we could offer Mustafi to Chelsea for 50m right now and they bite our hand off .

krackpot and DanDare like this.