Shkodran Mustafi: Chaotic Neutral

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Jerome_Gooner, Aug 30, 2016.

1. say yes

say yes Respect Me

Dixon speaking at AST meeting tonight.

All the tweets have been deleted in the last few minutes though so I’m guessing they were deemed too juicy for Twitter.

Here’s a copy and paste of what was in that tweet:

2. ClubLevel

ClubLevel Well-Known Member

He is poor in possession as well. Always panicking. Always passing back to the keeper. If we have a defender who can't pass thats fine, having one that can't defender either is criminal.

3. tap-in

tap-in :-)

What is Bould's role? Does he have any influence on training our defenders? Our defensive game has been a mess for some time now, why aren't we making changes to the way we train, set up, play? Zonal marking never seems to work for us yet we keep plugging away with it.

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Im sure I read that Bould has no input on the defensive coaching.

tap-in likes this.
  5. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Does make you wonder why he's even there, although as Dixon claims, Wenger surrounds himself by people that don't say anything. Wenger would probably have Henry as his right hand man and not take his input on our attack.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Remember when we kept 3 clean sheets in a row at the beginning of 12/13 and everyone was talking about the "Bould Effect"?

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Yes :lol: I also remember when Mustafi had two really good games back to back and his thread was was awash with people calling out his doubters :lol:

Big Poppa likes this.
  8. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Didn't we go unbeaten for like 20 games with him in the side at the start?

Remember Mustafi conveniently missing out on all the big games that we lost, tho.

celestis likes this.
  9. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

It's probably one of the least impressive unbeaten runs in recent times though, besides the Chelsea win back in September we didn't really beat anyone of note.

As for missing out on the big games we lost, I just checked and he was in the lineups that we lost 3-1 to both Chelsea and Liverpool. He also started both games vs Bayern.

10. American_Gooner

Yeah, he had two great performances against Spurs and Burnley in November. Was typical that he then followed it up with an absolute shocker against United.

say yes and Gooner Zig like this.
  11. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Yea. Good times.

I vaguely remember clean sheets.

DanDare and American_Gooner like this.
  12. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Couldn't score for **** though.

I remember Giroud squandering a golden opportunity against Sunderland.

Was the beginning of a complicated relationship.

say yes and American_Gooner like this.
  13. American_Gooner

Giroud missed good chances in each of those 3 games, but it was really early on in his career here tbf. You had the Sunderland miss, then against Stoke he had a chance to play in Ramsey for a 1v1 in stoppage time but chose to shoot at goal from the halfway line instead. Also missed from inside the 6 yard box at Anfield.

The Diaby-Arteta base behind Cazorla was looking strong though. :(

krengon and BobP like this.
  14. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

:lol::lol::lol:

I remember that.

Diaby played the opening 5 or 6 fixtures, I distinctly remember him going off injured early in that draw against City, the one where Kos scores an equaliser from a corner. That felt like the end of his season, only played a few times after that.

American_Gooner likes this.
  15. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Ah those heady days when we played Gervinho up front.

He was gonna be the next Henry and dominate the league with a fit Diaby. Great times.

krengon and American_Gooner like this.
  16. Newchange

Newchange Active Member

Why this man continues to play I will never know. Wengers one loyal man

17. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

Massive game from him and he needed that. This guy (as well as Jack and Kos) is fighting for a WC place and it showed in his today’s display. Hope he stay motivated with the WC coming up.

18. Hope

Hope Active Member

What massive game from him.

He was Chaos again today. His clearances were bad, poor jusdgejud again.

Summer it is for him.

Troopz likes this.
  19. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH

Chanbers, Jack and Xhaka put him under needless pressure at times. The worst clearances today were from Chambers and our Midfield guys. Mustafi and Kos were both good today. Actually looked like guys who know their place in the NT is in serious jeopardy.

20. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

There is a player in there and he is a brave player. I would have thrown myself from the top of the tallest building with performances he has had this season and the deserved criticism he’s been getting. This guy bounces back and continue to play his high risk game. He won’t hide. A good manager can polish him up, he is no turd trust me.

ThlRama, pacstud and tcahill like this.