• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

I don't understand why everyone has done a full 180 over him. He's always been one or two mistakes away from conceding every big game. Unfortunately Manure actually took advantage of it and were clinical.

We need another upgrade at CB.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't understand why everyone has done a full 180 over him. He's always been one or two mistakes away from conceding every big game. Unfortunately Manure actually took advantage of it and were clinical.

We need another upgrade at CB.
Well, for me its the going off ‘injured’ part right after practically losing us the game.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s clearly injured ffs. Such weirdos on here sometimes.

He’s only recently come back from a muscle injury and clearly tweaked something when he was tackled for their goal - look at the way he limps back.

Professional footballers didn’t get to where they are in life by subbing themselves off when they make mistakes.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s only recently come back from a muscle injury and clearly tweaked something when he was tackled for their goal - look at the way he limps back.

Professional footballers didn’t get to where they are in life by subbing themselves off when they make mistakes.

Yet Wenger could provide no update on him?

say yes

forum master baiter
Yet Wenger could provide no update on him?

And? Match had barely been finished for an hour when he said that - the medical team need time to assess these things. Last time Wenger was given an immediate indication it turned out to be completely wrong (Lacazette).

Sure he’ll have an answer for you in the pre-match before Koln, and let’s hope it’s nothing serious.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just looked at that goal again on Arsenal player. Monreal makes a move to give him a clear pass away from the press, and the normal swivel-turn to face his keeper and pass the ball back looks an easy option. That's bread and butter to a CB. The guy has the skills to make those two easy choices with time to spare.

But he dithers until he loses the ball. No wonder Wenger was annoyed.

Mental strength is crucial in sport. You look at the top 50 tennis players. All with phenomenal skill. The only difference between them and the top 5 is that they make more mistakes.

How does StatDNA factor in mental strength for big games?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And? Match had barely been finished for an hour when he said that - the medical team need time to assess these things. Last time Wenger was given an immediate indication it turned out to be completely wrong (Lacazette).

Sure he’ll have an answer for you in the pre-match before Koln, and let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
I sort of got the feeling this was mind games from AW

DerDeutscheMann

WurzlSepp Mark 2
Kos has been our best defender for many years, including this season, a real rock at the back, then one poor game everyone is saying he needs to be replaced, he's on the decline etc etc. Its just ridiculous.

Mustafi has been playing very well too, yet suddenly he's become a garbage defender overnight.

Nah, he is still a top player, but the human garbage who think they are "football fans" just have to make one stupid comment after the other.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah, he is still a top player, but the human garbage who think they are "football fans" just have to make one stupid comment after the other.
That's very true. But because we are football fans, we have to include ourselves in that bro.:lol::lol:

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Kos has been our best defender for many years, including this season, a real rock at the back, then one poor game everyone is saying he needs to be replaced, he's on the decline etc etc. Its just ridiculous.

Mustafi has been playing very well too, yet suddenly he's become a garbage defender overnight.

Since our move to the Emirates Kos has been our best defender by a country mile, but he's had a tendency to make costly mistakes in big games.

As for Mustafi, I think even when you ignore the individual errors, he just hasn't looked as promising for us as Kos did those first few seasons. Odd too, considering Mustafi looked like an absolute monster when he was at Valencia.

Not unlike how Xhaka looked much better for Mönchengladbach (and Switzerland) than he has for us.

He has done it before. Going out injured after major mistake leading to goal. My bet is that he will do this again and again until he goes.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

I think that's a cop out tbh. The guy has always had an error in him, and even if he wasn't 100% I don't see how that means he isn't immune from criticism for the enormous brainfart v Utd. He has a long way to go imo, none of our central defenders are top level right now.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think that's a cop out tbh. The guy has always had an error in him, and even if he wasn't 100% I don't see how that means he isn't immune from criticism for the enormous brainfart v Utd. He has a long way to go imo, none of our central defenders are top level right now.

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick here - I wasn't making excuses for his mistake. As you correctly point out, he's prone to making them & it was an awful one v United.

I'm just saying that he was clearly subbed off because of his injury, not because he was embarrassed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom