• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Think you've got the wrong end of the stick here - I wasn't making excuses for his mistake. As you correctly point out, he's prone to making them & it was an awful one v United.

I'm just saying that he was clearly subbed off because of his injury, not because he was embarrassed!
Oh right, apologies. I'm wide of the mark here.

nick gould

I wish he was playing today. I know that people don’t appreciate him here but trust me, strikers spend sleepless nights just thinking about playing against him. He is so physical and fearless. He has a mistake or two in him.

say yes

forum master baiter
I wish he was playing today. I know that people don’t appreciate him here but trust me, strikers spend sleepless nights just thinking about playing against him. He is so physical and fearless. He has a mistake or two in him.

In the same way that I spend sleepless nights thinking about banging Margot Robbie.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What a finish from Mustafi. Thought he had a top game defensively with and without the ball.

This guy needs to be polished - there's a pretty damn good defender there waiting to be developed.

Yeh, lets hope he's still here when we get a manager to do the polishing! :) That goal was very cool, no margin for error and he made it look easy.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£20m to Inter in the summer hopefully.

New requirement for CB’s is that they’re at least 6ft 4.

Sick of our CB’s being bullied by bin men.

tcahill

Pretty typical game for Mustafi. Overall played well, but made a couple of risky tackles. Had Rodriguez in his pocket virtually all game, and was comfortable dealing with Brom's aerial bombardment.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I know Mustafi has generally played on the right and that the general consensus is that we need a new left sided centre back (having previously also tried Holding there) to replace Koscielny, but I actually think Mustafi would be better suited to the playing on the left than the right, with the calmer Chambers or Holding at CB (or a Mertesacker type new signing).

CB partnerships can generally be characterised as having the aggressive front foot defender (Koscielny, Terry, Vidic) and the calm, composed sweeper type (Mertesacker, Carvalho, Ferdinand). In the cases of the front foot defenders, they all played on the left of their partnerships.

Mustafi certainly fits under this label more than the other, so I think he would better suited as a LCB too. I am of the opinion that it is more suitable for the right footed aggressive CB to play on the left, as it easier for them to nip in ahead and not go through the back of the forward to get to the ball, if they are coming in from their opposing side.

tcahill

I know Mustafi has generally played on the right and that the general consensus is that we need a new left sided centre back (having previously also tried Holding there) to replace Koscielny, but I actually think Mustafi would be better suited to the playing on the left than the right, with the calmer Chambers or Holding at CB (or a Mertesacker type new signing).

CB partnerships can generally be characterised as having the aggressive front foot defender (Koscielny, Terry, Vidic) and the calm, composed sweeper type (Mertesacker, Carvalho, Ferdinand). In the cases of the front foot defenders, they all played on the left of their partnerships.

Mustafi certainly fits under this label more than the other, so I think he would better suited as a LCB too. I am of the opinion that it is more suitable for the right footed aggressive CB to play on the left, as it easier for them to nip in ahead and not go through the back of the forward to get to the ball, if they are coming in from their opposing side.

Both Chambers and Holding are very composed on the ball, I'm hoping that one of them can form a potential long term partnership with Mustafi.

Or just get De Vrij for free.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

We need a lefty Cb as we are going to play 3 at back on many occasions. Mustafi fits central CB perfectly there, which leaves us short on left sided Cb’s.
Also, in 4 man defense, I kinda agree with you, but its all about partnerships/balance. I for one like Bellerin being more defensive of two fullbacks which means rcb would get more help from a fullback next to him, unlike lcb who would have his fullback bomb forward a lot. In this scenario also, Mustafi looks better as rcb.
If we were building out whole defense from scratch, with only Musti on our hands, planning to have him as lcb wouldnt be a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom