• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too many mistakes every game don't learn stupid tackles lose his head quickly after conceding. Worrying

blaze_of_glory

Needs to be gone this summer imo. His good performances here and there don't make up for the number of games where he is a liability. Doesnt' seem to have a good understanding with the rest of the backline. Maybe its not all down to him, but we need to find a stable CB paring (or back three if that's how we are playing) that works and can play game in and game out.

If we get PEA, CB should be the priority next window.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Some people were laughing at me when I suggested David Luiz a few days ago.

Mustafi is a coward. He offers nothing to our team. He made Nathan ******* Dyer & Ayew look like Messi & Suarez.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People genuinely think Johnny Evans wouldn't improve us :lol:

At the very least Evans doesn't make some of the basic errors that Mustafi makes and is sensible when in possession.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Don't know about him really, believe Otamendi and him were hauled as the best defensive duo in Spain when they both played for Valencia. His ability doesn't just disappear overnight. Think he is not at all comfortable playing the way Wenger wants, like most of our current squad frankly.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Thinking of a horror display from Mustafi and other clowns: Kos, Bellerin, Cech and Monreal, I wonder what has happened to #BouldEffect :)

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
The biggest part of being a defender is doing the basics and making as few mistakes as possible in critical areas. I'd say that Mustafi is the opposite of that.

He's good on the ball and a decent athlete, but **** me is he rash in the tackle, making poor decisions and generally a bit of a brainfart magnet. Even on a good day he'll make a couple of errors.

Last edited:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
He's lucky he plays in Europe, and not in South America or Africa.

rg3hit.gif

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The biggest part of being a defender is doing the basics and making as few mistakes as possible in critical areas. I'd say that Mustafi is the opposite of that.

He's good on the ball and a decent athlete, but **** me is he rash in the tackle, making poor decisions and generally a bit of a brainfart magnet. Even on a good day he'll make a couple of errors.
He's not good on the ball, he just smashes it at the player he's passing it to. Plays some absolute hospital passes into our midfielders.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's not good on the ball, he just smashes it at the player he's passing it to. Plays some absolute hospital passes into our midfielders.
I mean that he is comfortable on the ball for a CB, but I completely agree that him dribbling forward and passing the way he does is not good for the team at all.

I reckon if he didn't come with a solid rep/price tag and he wasn't good with the ball at his feet, he'd be considered a lot worse by fans. Like going down with some of Wenger's worst defensive buys - purely as a defender this lad is terrible. People have been comparing him to Vermaelen but Tom wasn't this bad. Even at his worst I don't think he was near as bad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would love to see a compilation of goals/chances conceded as Mustafi shouts at someone, completely unaware.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

What does this guy smoke before matches? He shouts at everyone, goes sliding in like he gets bonuses for going to ground and is generally annoying to look at now. We spent 70m on him and Xhaka. Looking like terrible business

blaze_of_glory

What does this guy smoke before matches? He shouts at everyone, goes sliding in like he gets bonuses for going to ground and is generally annoying to look at now. We spent 70m on him and Xhaka. Looking like terrible business
Can see them both gone in the summer. I had high hopes for Xhaka, there is some real talent there, but he just keeps doing the same ****.

Mustafi has overall been poor since his first few months.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know if you notice but every game we concede a goal he start to play s**t lose his focus it look it get to his head. before swansea scored he looked somehow decent after they scored he totally lost it and Ayew who is nothing but a s**t striker owned him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom