• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,813
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This isn’t just an Arteta era problem but the opportunity to move these guys on hasn’t been taken.

If you’d have sold Mustafi for 1M it would have been better than us. The club should’ve realised that they weren’t selling anyone in January.

Clubs could outlast us because of the bloated squad size. They should’ve taken any money they could for these guys in the summer even if it was a poverty offer.
There has been some pretty shoddy decisions in terms of contracts and signings. We're literally paying the price for it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can we keep him out of pettiness in the hopes that it ruins a potential summer move.

Iceman10

Established Member

Arteta better not **** this up.

Think we all have worked out that he likely would be the next to be snubbed from squad registration, for EL with Martinelli having to be registered also, so that might have precipitated sudden urgency to get this done.

Iceman10

Established Member
Some journos were tweeting out when Özil was going to Fenerbahce that Arsenal has received no fees for moving on players who have cost a combined 180m, or something like that. This will take it over 200m. I don’t mind so much with a player who brings joy and gives it his all like Santi Cazorla, but the Arsène Wenger effort to get us to spending power by 2016 worked... and then was squandered.

akhil

People acting like Edu’s having no more rubbish off these guys and being ruthless. It’s not an accomplishment if you’re not getting anything back of value and are in fact losing money.

We’re paying these guys probably close to full contract value to go somewhere else. This is not a “win” by any measure.

What other “top” club do you see doing this?

Other big clubs have dregs of their own. We just don't know about the deadwood there.

We're learning about cutting costs the hard way basically and doing bad long term ****. Revolving door of executive over last few years doesn't help when each one wants to put his own mark on the squad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People acting like Edu’s having no more rubbish off these guys and being ruthless. It’s not an accomplishment if you’re not getting anything back of value and are in fact losing money.

We’re paying these guys probably close to full contract value to go somewhere else. This is not a “win” by any measure.

What other “top” club do you see doing this?
As long as it's not celebrated as a win or a stroke of genius I am fine with it. Agreed though, it's not a win just way overdue.

Cause of the covid market in the summer just gone I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as to why it wasn't done sooner.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Some journos were tweeting out when Özil was going to Fenerbahce that Arsenal has received no fees for moving on players who have cost a combined 180m, or something like that. This will take it over 200m. I don’t mind so much with a player who brings joy and gives it his all like Santi Cazorla, but the Arsène Wenger effort to get us to spending power by 2016 worked... and then was squandered.
A lot of it by him

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Can't stand this guy, everything that comes out his mouth is daft, everything he does on the pitch is rubbish.

If reeise Nelson had Mustafi flawed self confidence and ego, he'd be a world beater
Agree except it's not self confidence and ego. It's delusion and stupidity.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope he leaves. Pay him until the end of the month and cancel. I believe he tried his best but pound for pound, he's the worst defender I've ever seen at Arsenal. Wenger tried to get rid after a season which says it all. Simply awful. I bet he mouths off once he's out the door too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Usually when a player that has been here for a long time leaves, you will at least have some good memories and moments to look back on. Even ****ing Andre Santos got a goal away to Chelsea in that 5-3 win. While I don`t hate Mustafi there is just nothing positive to look back on apart from maybe that header against Sp**s. Just a dreadful signing in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom