• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,736
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm man enough to admit I was fairly happy when Mustafi signed.

I has seen very little of him as a player but I liked the age profile. He had a good level of experience both in club and International football and at only 23 had time on his side to develop.

I couldn't have been more wrong, he arrived error prone and rash and is exactly the same 5 years later. Pound for pound he has to be one of our worst signings ever.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is quite easily my least favourite player at the club. Never takes responsibility for any error that he makes. Incapable of being consistent in any form. He always takes the easy way out, whether it be letting someone score, getting a teammate sent off or diving in. His pointing and flailing arms have been infuriating to watch for such a long time.

The fact that he is now going to sit out his contract when the rest of his clique is gone just shows you the kind of person he is. 6 months of his 90 grand a week are more important to him, than a pay off and a new club for actual game time. He has options. He has played in Italy and Spain. Literally no adaptation. Cant stand him.

Iceman10

Established Member

I has seen very little of him as a player but I liked the age profile. He had a good level of experience both in club and International football and at only 23 had time on his side to develop.

I couldn't have been more wrong, he arrived error prone and rash and is exactly the same 5 years later. Pound for pound he has to be one of our worst signings ever.

I probably would have been in with a chorus saying good signing at the time even though was busy that summer and couldn’t follow what was going on to leave comments. The profile was good. The technicals were pretty good also. It is mainly what is between his ears, maybe also not so solid carrying the ball forwards. I’ve never seen a player caught on video so much making terrible mistakes yet pointing at players around him when those mistakes were punished by opposing teams.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I probably would have been in with a chorus saying good signing at the time even though was busy that summer and couldn’t follow what was going on to leave comments. The profile was good. The technicals were pretty good also. It is mainly what is between his ears, maybe also not so solid carrying the ball forwards. I’ve never seen a player caught on video so much making terrible mistakes yet pointing at players around him when those mistakes were punished by opposing teams.

Granit Xavi loves doing that as well. Nothing I hate more than an incompetent person who loves blaming others.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think he came to exactly the wrong club. He probably needs a super structured set up where he has a couple of easy assignments and is protected by DMs. Under Wenger our CBs were left to fend for themselves and that really killed him. Not defending Mustafi here or blaming Wenger. Just a really poor fit for us at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom