• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,939
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin certainly has had many, many more poor peformances more than Mustafi (must be between Bellerin, Diaby and Ramsey for most more peformances in a Arsenal shirt). Squallaci was a poorer quality CB, cant even recall him having a good game for us but at least in his case we stopped giving much game time and got rid sooner.
I need a pair of those Mustafi glasses. Does every girl you pass look like Scarlett Johansson too.:lol:

tcahill

:lol::lol::lol: Which day was that then? Been watching Arsenal since I was a small kid and I can easily say he's the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt. And if you don't like this ridiculous compilation of blunders, Youtube is full of a bunch of others.

He's had plenty of good games for us, while also plenty of shockers. He's gone through several purple patches, but unfortunately when he's not on form he really struggles.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:lol::lol::lol: Which day was that then? Been watching Arsenal since I was a small kid and I can easily say he's the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt. And if you don't like this ridiculous compilation of blunders, Youtube is full of a bunch of others.
Some of those clips are just mind boggling. The guy is just dreadful. That I defended him for quite some time, saying there was a good CB in there somewhere... Worthy of a ban in my view. :nope:

Mod Edit: your bump was worthy a ban

Last edited by a moderator:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Remember when we were linked with him and me and THunter said he’s crap and will be a waste of money? Makes too many mistakes? But Arsenal Mania said he’s a WC winner and coming from a top Spanish club?

I do. You all loved this signing. Clueless.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Out of curiosity, what did you think of Koscielny?

I genuinely think he was just as accident/mistake prone as Mustafi it’s just that his highs were better. Like when he played well he was good but Mustafi was just poor all around.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

I genuinely think he was just as accident/mistake prone as Mustafi it’s just that his highs were better. Like when he played well he was good but Mustafi was just poor all around.

Whatever Kos, short comings were he helped us win two fa cups and his goals on two consecutive last days of the season got us top 4.

He did make mistakes, but the guy was levels above mustafi. Mustafi literally makes school boy errors. I.e. augero in the cup final.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yep, he had some great games and some disasters. Don’t think I ever saw Mustafi have a good game though. He was always a nervous wreck. Kos was best with Mertesaker, a calming influence. 2015/16 his best season. When Kos was with Mustafi, 16/17 in particular it was a train wreck. Never forget that United game where our midfield and forwards were all over them. We had 33 shots to their 4, but they won thanks to a Kos and Mustafi’s shocking blunders.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

He did make mistakes, but the guy was levels above mustafi. Mustafi literally makes school boy errors. I.e. augero in the cup final.

Koscielny never made school boy errors? Lmao he was the king of schoolboy errors, don't you remember him kicking the ball right into Greizmann in the Europa?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Remember when we were linked with him and me and THunter said he’s crap and will be a waste of money? Makes too many mistakes? But Arsenal Mania said he’s a WC winner and coming from a top Spanish club?

I do. You all loved this signing. Clueless.

You want @American_Gooner to come out again and do his thing, quoting you on numerous posts where you've been dead wrong in your judgement ? :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Yep, he had some great games and some disasters. Don’t think I ever saw Mustafi have a good game though. He was always a nervous wreck. Kos was best with Mertesaker, a calming influence. 2015/16 his best season. When Kos was with Mustafi, 16/17 in particular it was a train wreck. Never forget that United game where our midfield and forwards were all over them. We had 33 shots to their 4, but they won thanks to a Kos and Mustafi’s shocking blunders.

Yeah Kos was best with Mertesacker, but when he was paired with Vermaelen, Djourou, Mustafi or any of the other CBs we had he would look just as bad as them. Part of me could never hold him to the same standards others do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I will accept pressing defenders like Toure and Kos making some mistakes, they play a high risk/high reward style, it's why they suited Arsène's style...but with Mustafi there is almost never any rewards to whatever his style of defending is, it's ridiculous the amount of errors he makes.

Kos made a lot of erros from around 2017 on, as his legs were going...but even then I would still take a Laurent on one broken ankle, over the steaming mess that is Shkodran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom