• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Should Reyes be put to one side for now?"

JazzG

Established Member
He has to be used to get him settled in. Can't just put him aside, thats nonsense.

Remember when Anelka and Henry started for us, at times they looked lost on the pitch. When they got their confidence up and got a good run of games they came good for us. It takes time and its pretty sad that so many fans just don't have the patience.

Mark

Established Member
I agree with Jazz, not playing Reyes won't do him any good at all. If he's going to get used to the english game, how can he do it by not playing? I think he's looked better recently anyway. Give him time and he will surely turn out to be a class act like many of our other slow starters have turned out to be.

Mark

Established Member
Clichy doesn't need to be loaned, he's adapted to the EPL and the CL much much quicker than I ever expected. I honestly didn't expect him to make it into the first team for a couple of years, but he's excellent cover and one day he can hopefully be a regular starter.

quattro

imo, reyes is already looking the part. he already made some link ups with henry at vigo though he didn't finish. he hasn't even been here a month and he's already getting that basically right, just think what he can do if his exposure to this kind of play continues. we need to be patient, but from what i see he is making very good progress as linking up with the likes of henry and pires is not the easiest thing to do.

juz7_pi12es

have u read the article from arsenalamerica bout 4-5-1 formation
to play both of our edu and gilberto

the formation looks like this

----------------------------------henry------------------------------------

pires ---------------------------------------------------------- ljungberg

-------------edu -------------------------------vieira---------------------

------------------------------gilberto--------------------------------------

clichy(when cole's injured)-campbell-----toure-------------lauren

--------------------------------not kahn!----------------------------------

:?:

whutdayathink?

Mark

Established Member
Sure, it's a possible formation and it lets us use both our brazilians, but it won't happen. Henry as a loan striker wouldn't work at all. Maybe it could be used as a tactic for away games when we want to play defensively, but Wenger always uses 4-4-2.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i dont support the idea that we should change formations. what we have now is working perfectly and to change formations just to accomodate players would probably be counter-productive. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

laolu

gunnertilldeath said:
i dont support the idea that we should change formations. what we have now is working perfectly and to change formations just to accomodate players would probably be counter-productive. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

and it aint near broke

Arsenal316

Changing formations = BAD idea.

Wenger likes to use 4-4-2 at the start. If the need for defense or goals arises, he'll go 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 appropriately. But he will always employ 4-4-2 at the start of every game.

laolu

he has a point about Reyes but I think playing him would be better for him and the club on the long run.

The club has enough armoury to basically play "1 man down" and still get results.

He needs games and needs to build his confidence and only if we play him would he get these

Aussie

Established Member
He wasnt to bad against Celta Vigo. Its not like he is a liability or anything he is a major threat around goals. As for Clichy being loaned no way he is ready for prmiership football now and is great cover for Ash when injured. He has played very well the last two games against Celta and Chelski.

Soler

Established Member
Is it just me or do these folk from Arsenal America have NO idea at all? A bunch of nuffies if you ask me ...

I think Edu and Gilberto would be a great partnership in the middle, and let's face it, Vieira is a bit over-rated.

See? Nuffy.

Aussie

Established Member
Ever since he suggested that we should sell Henry i have never gone back to Arsenal America.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Reyes has flashes of been incredible. Leave him on the pitch but get Cole back ASAP. It is not becuse he is a better defender than Clichy, but that Cole is a link up with Pires and Henry.

Send Reyes to the right side (forward not wing) as he was at City on his opener for 20 mins and looked dangerous. Allow Edu and Vieira to push up the Bergie passes. I think we really need someone on the right hand side of the box, like NOW. That is how we will win the CL. Freddie/Gilberto on the wide right to block tackles and make the runs Pires style with Reyes.

I know some weakness in defense will result in all this attack so maybe while Freddie is getting his wind back that Gilberto should play wide right as he defends in this area better (in our Box maybe Freddie defends better?).

beaney

Mad Jens said:
Is it just me or do these folk from Arsenal America have NO idea at all? A bunch of nuffies if you ask me ...

I think Edu and Gilberto would be a great partnership in the middle, and let's face it, Vieira is a bit over-rated.

See? Nuffy.

yeah i read that article yesterday, dont really think the guy knows what hes taqlking about.
He'd written another article a couple of days ago too where by he said we could do without henry and we should sell him!

****!

He reckons that Vieria is an overrated version of many other CM's in Europe. NOT that hes the best player in his position in the world!

****!

A

Anonymous

I think it is a catch 22 situation.

He needs games to get used to the way we play and the english game. But at the same time he has been a passenger in virtually every game he has played for us. Southampton he was terrible, we may aswell have played with 10 men, if they had a decent stiker we would have drawn that game. Chelsea he was nonexistnet untill he scored 'that'goal, and again at Vigo, first half again he was not in the game. It is a gamble imo playing him now, becasue he is not up to speed how we play, and i think it will take him a while yet. But he is not going to reach the level he is capable of if he doesnt play.

Adam

Established Member
The Arsenal America site writers know nothing about football it seems. It gives a bad name to the people from US on this site who actually do...

You should complain!

Top Bottom