• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Should Reyes be put to one side for now?"

Aussie

Established Member
Adam said:
The Arsenal America site writers know nothing about football it seems. It gives a bad name to the people from US on this site who actually do...

You should complain!

If i was american gunner i would be embarrased with the stuff they come up with.

thegame24

Established Member
I think Reyes was decent against Celta. Nowhere near his best but was involved more in the game. I still reckon Wenger wants him upfront till he gets comfortable with the pace and power, then he can push him in midfield.

thegame24

Established Member
Oh yea i just been reding that american stuff.

They say Vieira is over rated and that we dont need Henry.

Any of you stop to think that maybe its because most Americans hate the French?

ShortStuff

Sol said:
I think it is a catch 22 situation.

He needs games to get used to the way we play and the english game. But at the same time he has been a passenger in virtually every game he has played for us. Southampton he was terrible, we may aswell have played with 10 men, if they had a decent stiker we would have drawn that game. Chelsea he was nonexistnet untill he scored 'that'goal, and again at Vigo, first half again he was not in the game. It is a gamble imo playing him now, becasue he is not up to speed how we play, and i think it will take him a while yet. But he is not going to reach the level he is capable of if he doesnt play.

Yep, I agree. Apart from the last 45 minutes against Chelsea, I've felt sorry for Reyes. I think if most of our usual frontline was fit, Wenger would be bringing Reyes on from the bench. That's an approach I would prefer. Things looked more stable when Kanu came on in Spain, and Bergkamp was great at Stamford Bridge.

I don't think I'll ever feel confident seeing Reyes start 'any' game until it becomes clear that he's ready.

KingReyes

Established Member
juz7_pi12es said:
have u read the article from arsenalamerica bout 4-5-1 formation
to play both of our edu and gilberto

the formation looks like this

----------------------------------henry------------------------------------

pires ---------------------------------------------------------- ljungberg

-------------edu -------------------------------vieira---------------------

------------------------------gilberto--------------------------------------

clichy(when cole's injured)-campbell-----toure-------------lauren

--------------------------------not kahn!----------------------------------

:?:

whutdayathink?

Wenger always uses 4-4-2. He rarely uses a different formation and if he did it would not be this one. As for reyes putting him on the side would be pointless he needs to adjust to the team and tactics. If we put him aside it will only lower his confidence and when its time to actually put him on he will still need time to adjust and regain that confidence. I'm sure AW knows what he's doing with the lad.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Arsenal without Vieira in the side and Henry been sold!!!??? Nice one lads from the US of A but thats like saying we might as well just give the title to United on a silver platter.

jc8gooner

I think if most of our usual frontline was fit, Wenger would be bringing Reyes on from the bench.
I agree with that. If Kanu had been around, Ali or Wiltord had been fit and Dennis too, Reyes would not have started as many games as he has done for us. I think we are porbably better off, for the moment, starting with Dennis or Kanu and using Reyes sparingly until he is ready.

I understand that he needs games to be ready for the Premiership, but he will soon learn by being in training with Arsenal players. A few substitute appearances would be helpful to him to acclimatise. As the weather gets better, hopefully we will start to seethe best of him.

Alexone234

juz7_pi12es said:
have u read the article from arsenalamerica bout 4-5-1 formation
to play both of our edu and gilberto

the formation looks like this

:?:

whutdayathink?

This is the sort of thing that looks great on paper but leads to you losing games.

4-4-2 means you're saying "my team is better than your so we are going to win". Anything else means you are styling your team against your opponents.

Biggus

Established Member

whutdayathink?
Good, but Pires on the right Reyes on the left.
Sure, it's a possible formation and it lets us use both our brazilians, but it won't happen. Henry as a loan striker wouldn't work at all.
Loan out Henry :shock:WTF :!:
Changing formations = BAD idea.
You make your formations change to suit your available players if theyve got the talent and intelligence ( :D which we have in abundance)
Is it just me or do these folk from Arsenal America have NO idea at all? A bunch of nuffies if you ask me ...

Quote:
I think Edu and Gilberto would be a great partnership in the middle, and let's face it, Vieira is a bit over-rated.

See? Nuffy.
If you read the whole article you will find he was just throwing it out to see what people thought, 8) its not heresy to critisize PV4 :mrgreen:

kajej

I actually thought Reyes was linking up brilliantly with Pires and Henry in the second half vs. Celta Vigo. I think we should put him in as a sub 60 mins into the game as Wenger usually does. We have 6 fit strikers now! Bentley, Ali, Reyes, Henry, Bergkamp, and Kanu. Its really gonna give Wenger a headache to chose who starts and whose on the bench...
On another note, I think Kanu can still be really useful in Europe as he opens up paly more.

Jinn

Established Member
What's Vieira done to warrant criticism? He's been playing really well!

Criticism for it's own sake is completely stupid. And that article is completely stupid.

Arsenal America have come up with a ****load of bollocks, ever since they've been on NewsNow. Just a bunch of intriguing headlines and then three paragraphs of nothing. No analysis, no evidence for their opinions, nothing. Just a bunch of statements.

Mark

Established Member
Sure, it's a possible formation and it lets us use both our brazilians, but it won't happen. Henry as a loan striker wouldn't work at all.
Loan out Henry :shock:WTF :!:

lol. I just realised that mistake. I obviously meant lone striker. :eek:ops:

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Reyes should stay as sub to Bergkamp. Bergkamp has been superb lately and doesn't usually last the full 90 mins these days, and Reyes would be more effective when players are tired... he needs time to settle in England too.

EJub

I think Bergkamp should start if he is healty. Maybe even Kanu in some games over Reyes.

But if Freddie is still hurt, I think Reyes could play on the wing.

I have never seen Pires on the right, even when Parlour comes in
Freddie moves to the left, but I have never seen Pires on the right,
so I would expect Reyes to be on the right if he were to fill in
for an injured Ljungberg.

Where does this leave Wiltord? I hope we get something for him if he doesn't stay.

Top Bottom