• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Should we bid for Rivaldo?

Should we bid for Rivaldo?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
for a six month contract till june, maybe. his performances will depend too much on his moods. if wenger where to go for him (which i doubt) it should be short term to test his consistency over a long period. there is no doubting that he is world class though.

jc8gooner

He is q.old. He is no longer as good as he was. He is a bloody cheat. We already have one over-rated Brazilian. He would need plenty of time to adpat to the prem, being from South America.

Adam

Established Member
He is a fabulous footballer. Patrick reminded me of his match winner qualities - remember that last minute overhead volley against Valencia to get Barcelona into the Champions League. That was phenomenal.

Stim

If i was the manager i would trial him for 6 months then decide if he is worthy of a new (short term) contract.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wage demands are too high for what he can offer..... i personally hate the guy.. i think he is the biggest cheat of anyone... remember the WC when the ball was kicked to him in the corner and it his him in the knee? remember how he went down like a ton of bricks holding his face? ever since then, i lost 100% of my respect for him....

Mark

Established Member
he's not a long term solution to our problems, even if he might be some good i doubt wenger will bid for him anyway.

AFCG7

Established Member
i'd take him for six months.. he can score and make goals and takes great free kicks.. he'll have to take a salary cut..i dont think he is in a position to demand too much.

AFCG7

Established Member
"You can dribble through a defence, you can pass your way through, or you can go over the top, for which you need big men who can head the ball."
"So Arsenal score fewer headers than any other top team.
That factor, more than any other, is what prevents them from jumping into Europe's top four."

I agree with that 100%

Superdudes

well.. i'd go for rivaldo considering that he's willing to go for a wage cut.. for short term purposes, he's good for at least another 2years.. so why not.. the youngsters might learn a thing or two from him as he's experienced and had been at the top before.. i feel that world class players have an impact over the youngsters and we can see that some has tremendously improve.. especially the young strikers that we have.. henry, bergy,wiltord and kanu must have contributed/helped in the grooming of aliadere, bentley and papa d.. thus i say.. go for it.. we won't lose money if rivaldo's still a flop.. think of it..

lehmann
lauren toure campbell cole
ljungberg viera pires
bergkamp rivaldo
henry

Andrew

After reading that article I am convinced he would be a good buy. Good with his head and would fit our style of play. He also made a good point with how careers are revived at Arsenal. It would have a good ring to it with Rivaldo at Arsenal. And it would be a good move for him as well because he would be a regular and would play in his prefered position, as a striker. I think he would be a good buy considering the money. Imagine Rivaldo and Henry in attack... it could really give us an edge to go further in the Champions league.

satan_beckham

this article really convinced me that rivaldo will be a ideal signing,he can head the ball and this is something that our players cant,and i am really fustrated that all the crosses do no reach anyone...and hes only 31,3 years younger than bergkamp or zola,we all know what zola did last year,and after not playnig for so long,he will surely take a paycut to play,and arsenal is a good choice considering that we are playing champions league football,but then i am not sure if he can play for us in the next round as he did played for milan in a match as a sub,think against celta

leongsh

I voted "Yes" but only on a short term contract at reduced wages. Then, it is a gamble worth taking. He may just flourish over here in Arsenal as Arsène Wenger may just be the manager he needs to get his second wind.

KoLo28

i'd prefer someone younger, who will play the rest of there career at arsenal and turn into an arsenal hero. not some cheat, who will only play for a couple of seasons.

Sammer

Established Member
I just read that he was voted one of the worst 2 players in the Italian League - mainly due to his attitude.

No way, we should bid for Rivaldo. The need for new players should not lead to bidding for money-hunting-selfish DIVAS.

We need dedicated players with spirit.

Rivaldo? Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom