• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sidney Govou

jucsitin

Mostarac said:
I have never been that impressed by Govou, he is very fast, but he does not know how to use that speed properly. He does not look too technical either.

Thats what Yuri Djorkaeff said of Thierry Henry before the 98 world cup :p

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
jucsitin said:
Mostarac said:
I have never been that impressed by Govou, he is very fast, but he does not know how to use that speed properly. He does not look too technical either.

Thats what Yuri Djorkaeff said of Thierry Henry before the 98 world cup :p
how old was Henry before the 98 WC compared to how old Govou is now?

Mostarac

Established Member
USArsenal said:
how old was Henry before the 98 WC compared to how old Govou is now?

Exactly. Thierry Henry was 21 at the time(I might be wrong though about his exact age), while Govou is 26(he will be 27 soon). There is a big difference.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is like Cisse. Has pace but doesn't know how to use it efficiently. Interesting to see this Guvou-Cisse generation, a former French U20 side. The side had some promising players like Le Tallec, Pongole, Cisse, Guvou (were Mexes and Escude included?). Correct me if I am wrong but it seems few of them currently perform at the highest leve. Malouda is still good though.

Amadeor

I would think that Pongolle and Le Tallec (along with Meghni) came later than the Cissé, Mexes generation. Also, Govou came earlier than Cissé and Mexes.

Basically, it was

Govou

Cissé, Mexes, Kapo...

Meghni

Pongolle, Le Tallec,

Ben Arfa, Nasri, Menez

Mostarac

Established Member
tactica442 said:
He is like Cisse. Has pace but doesn't know how to use it efficiently. Interesting to see this Guvou-Cisse generation, a former French U20 side. The side had some promising players like Le Tallec, Pongole, Cisse, Guvou (were Mexes and Escude included?). Correct me if I am wrong but it seems few of them currently perform at the highest leve. Malouda is still good though.

Mexes has actually been excellent for Roma in 2006. His start to the season was bad(just like the rest of the team), but he has improved incredibly in 2006. Finally, it looks like Mexes has developed into a good defender. Chivu has said that his partnership with Mexes in Roma`s defence is one of the reasons for him wanting to sign a new contract.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom