• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Signings You're Glad We Never Made

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
1) Which almost signings/heavily rumoured player are you happy we dodged?

Jimmy Bullard, Stephen Ireland, Stephen Ireland's hairpiece, Roque Santa Cruz, Ganso, Pato, Zarate, Fran "next Fabregas" Merida (failed to extend his contract), Aly Cissokho's mug
Cissokho's easily one of the worst players I've seen get games consistently at that high level. He **** himself every time he got the ball.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Recently watched a Rubin Kazan game with a friend and to my surprise, Yann M'vila was there, in midfield doing his thing. And by his thing I mean passing to the opposition and giving away foul after foul. Yet, it doesn't seem that long since AM was in overdrive on the M'vila thread in the transfer rumors.

Can you think of anyone else who jumps to mind that you were hoping we'd sign and was heavily linked but now count your lucky stars it didn't work out?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Lewis Holtby.

Him actually joining the ****, and his English-German connection made him extremely hyped, combined with an incredibly low transfer fee made people lose their mind for a period. Well I'm glad he rejected us.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Players that we were heavily linked with who turned out to be flops or declined dramatically or were never any good to begin with that I am glad we didn't sign:

Samba, Kevin Doyle, Connor Wickham, Gareth Bale, Agbonlahor, M'villa, Barry Ferguson, Papa Diop, Melo, Huddlestone, Giles Barnes, Scott Parker, Michu,Joe Ledley, Cisse, Carlton Cole, Gignac, Darren Bent, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland, Anton Ferdinand, Mark Noble and Nigel Reo-Coker.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Players that we were heavily linked with who turned out to be flops or declined dramatically or were never any good to begin with that I am glad we didn't sign:

Samba, Kevin Doyle, Connor Wickham, Gareth Bale, Agbonlahor, M'villa, Barry Ferguson, Papa Diop, Melo, Huddlestone, Giles Barnes, Scott Parker, Michu,Joe Ledley, Cisse, Carlton Cole, Gignac, Darren Bent, Scott Carson, Paul Robinson, Chris Kirkland, Anton Ferdinand, Mark Noble and Nigel Reo-Coker.

Some of those names are a proper blast from the past! Have to admit I really wanted us to sign Nigel Reo-Coker in '07 before Flamini stepped up his game.

I reckon Carlton Cole in Arsenal colours would have been a right laugh as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agbonlahor. What a weird career he's had. At one time he looked at the best player in that O'Neil Villa team above Young, Milner, Barry, Steven Davis. Then he just got fat and lazy.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's because I'm doing it wrong.

Of course I'd love to have had him, but we would have ruined his career either by injury or by Arséne transforming him to center halve.

hmmm...

If you see the way Zlatan trains, plays and takes care of his body, he's always been a very robust athlete. The injuries we've suffered have been down to many factors, not least the fragility of the players we've signed.

As for transforming him to a centre half. I mean, I don't really know what to say about that

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I remember wanting Carlton Cole back in January 2010, out of pure desperation. RVP was out long-term and Eduardo struggled up front on his own, we were left with Arshavin playing CF.

IslingtonBornandbred

Essien, Kante, Hazard, Yaya Toure, Kompany, Xabi Alonso, Ronaldo, Pique, Messi, Drogba.....

To think, we scouted these guys and at one point or another wanted them but didn't sign them. Thank god for that, we got off lightly!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
hmmm...

If you see the way Zlatan trains, plays and takes care of his body, he's always been a very robust athlete. The injuries we've suffered have been down to many factors, not least the fragility of the players we've signed.

As for transforming him to a centre half. I mean, I don't really know what to say about that
Nothing I said was serious ;)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom