Site update 2009/10

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi everyone

We've just completed the migration of the Arsenal Mania website to its new servers, bringing an end to months of research and planning that we've been doing in the background.

The last time we did a server migration, there were more than a few headaches. This year's migration has been relatively painless, and as one of our valued users the process has hardly been noticeable. This is down to the work we carried out months beforehand to identify key aspects of our software and where the risks were, and made sure those were addressed before flicking the switch on the new servers.

We took the decision to migrate to our new servers due to the fact that for more than a few months now, we've had long periods of downtime and this was viewed as unacceptable. Our traffic has increased year on year and these new servers have a lot more capacity in order to cater for this.

Please be aware that there will undoubtedly be some niggly issues, like missing avatars, etc. If your avatar is missing, please just re-upload it. If there is something else related to the server migration that is affecting you, please raise it in the Help forum and I will look into it for you.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the superb team we have in place to run the site, specifically:

USArsenal (who has been with us since the beginning, thanks so much for your help)
    NatNat (someone else who has been with us since the beginning, thank you so much)
    JazzG (who always texts me when the site is down)
    jinn
    Soler
    Asterix
    Wenger14
    Taozhe
    RC8
    RockTheCasbah (excellent blog)
    Sammer
    asajoseph (contributes superb articles for the main site as well)
    Canuck
    kamikaze80
    Biggus
    Gurgen
    James
    Nutsy
    AnthonyG

I'm pretty sure that I've missed out some more people, and for this, I'd like to apologise. Please don't be offended as your contribution to the site is very, very much appreciated as well.

And I'd also like to thank you, our user, for your continued patronage of this site. I understand that at times it has been frustrating, but we're now in a position where we don't have to worry about the stability of the site and can now focus on improving other aspects of your user experience.

Once again, we would like to thank all of you, and here's to a successful 2009/10 season with the best team in the world!

2. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

and a BIG Kudos to you JC for running the site as well as you have been doing over the years.
    Here's to many more!

3. RC8

RC8 New Member Elite

Thanks a lot Jonathan. Terrific news that it's finally been completed.

4. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

Hardly noticeable indeed, fantastic work and much appreciated well done.

5. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

You the man JC!

Big love to you and your lil helpers ;)

P.S. Kel if you're a lil helper, dont take that "big love" the wrong way

6. niran*

niran* New Member

Thanks to all!

7. samir

samir Well-Known Member

Cheers to all !!!!!

P.S- Dula we all know how much you love Kel..so stop flirting :lol:

8. TheCMT

TheCMT New Member

Cheets Mates !!! :D

9. Classy

Classy New Member

I don't understand what this is but thank you anyways :).

10. James

James New Member Elite

We all appreciate the job you do JC. Thanks.

11. ricky1985

ricky1985 Well-Known Member Elite

Thanks for all the hard work, Jonathan.

12. diaby

diaby New Member

Keep it up Jonathan.. top work

13. gunnerGH

gunnerGH New Member

over the years it is clear to see this is the most popular and professional arsenal fansite. Great development work jc

14. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV4xo_rF-oo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV4xo_rF-oo</a>

15. dodge

dodge New Member

Hi Chongster

No problems whatsoever this time, must rate your research and implementation procedure. Cheers mate, and all others working day & night to make this work without any glitches and removing the scum.

PS: You forgot Classy Bob's name, Jon.

16. loverschoice

loverschoice New Member

thanks for your great work and great site Jon. :angel

17. YourFriendPaul

YourFriendPaul New Member Trusted

I have a problem with my avatar- it seems to be on the right side of the screen (and we all know they belong on the left)... *ducks*

Hey, I had to try. ;)

Cheers to all your hard work!

18. dodge

dodge New Member

Pleased 'til now, faster than a concorde ishh.

19. nidza7

nidza7 New Member

theres random problem,my browser doesn`t load avatars...then it does...then again not.

Win RC 7,FF 3.5

20. hja

hja New Member

Thanks for all the hard work, Jonathan and everyone else who helped on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.