• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

SkySports: Team of the Season

Saville

...........................Reina..........................

Chimbonda......Terry......Ferdinand.....Queudrue

Gerrard........Alonso......Lampard......Ronaldo

.......................Henry........Rooney................

IMO i think Toure should be there instead of Rio, he hasnt done nothing at all this year! Toure has be a warrior for Arsenal, and 2nd i dont think Alonso should be there, Ronaldo should be on the right and Gerrard in the middle, then J.Cole should be on the left wing, but i definatly agree with everything else!

Tegh

Established Member
Toure, Cesc, and Jens.
Without a ****ing doubt.
Reina my eye, Alonso my eye, Ferdinand my eye.
Queudrue? Surely there's been a better left back this season?

KY

Established Member
its skysports OPTA team of the season. means best player according to statistics. meaning those who play less games but play relative well in those games ranked higher than consistent 38-game-a-season players. queudrue stats increased with some goals i think. thats why he's in. reina has a lot of clean sheet to his name. henry top scorer...nuf said.

adjie

KY was right. It's statistics based.
But of course I'd like to include Jens, Kolo, Cesc from AFC.

And I don't like this but I have to mention it,
perhaps either Ronaldo/Alonso has to make way
for Joe Cole from Chelski.

Fab Fabre04

You're right about the statistic thing but that's a bollocks system.

I think Mad Jens, Cesc and toure should defineltely be there. I would also consider Phillipe and Mathieu in defense because they've had a tough time adjusting and have coped with it admirably. Shay Given should also be give thought. We definitley need to make place on the left for Joe Cole (I hate to admit cause he's a ****ski player) but he's been brilliant. Cristiano Ronaldo has been brilliant, amazing, breath taking and all that but I still think some1 else should've taken the RW
spot.

As for Queudrue?

WTF???

ok he's had a good season and what with boros form and all but I still think Mathieu Flamini was better (not saying he should take the spot). But he wasn't LB for the whole season and if Gael Clichy and Ashley Cole hadn;t been injured they could have gotten the spot. i don;t like Konchesky but I still would've put him over Queudrue.

Reina: brilliant season 'specially the beginning.
Chimbonda: thumbs up, been brilliant, Eboue's good but...
Terry: not as good as last season and didn't amaze me but what with ****ski;s form...
Ferdinand: wtf?
Queudrue:wtf?

Henry/rooney partnership: love to see that
Lampard:Been excellent but there has been better like, oh i don;t know, maybe cesc fabregas
Gerrad: not on the right, i would've put him on the centre, cesc gerrad partnership thumbs up
ronaldo: Brilliant, had tough competition but definitely in the top 5

Rudeboy

I agree with you Fab Fabre04 about Given and Cecs i think that they should both be in there, well defently cecs Reina might just clinch the GK position coz Given has only hit his amazing form a while ago

ramon12

honestly Cesc REALLY came to life after Real Madrid
Lehmann in like October TOURE SHOULD BE THERE

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Why is C.Ronaldo in there. His form was really sh*t during September or so when his father passed away and the time when he was alleged of sexual harrasment. He only came to life back at around January or so. If Ronaldo who was only brilliant for half of the season, then Lehmann should also be there.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom