• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

So, we're through !!! But who's next in the knockout stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_H

Established Member
Guys R.socidad is Very Strong ....dont get fooled ....i saw almost 50% of there liga matches ....the thing is they lost Nihat most of the matches (injry) and De Pedro ...and they were sooooooo Unlucky

Celta Vigo .....is the team i wanna Face

SuperBob

Celta Vigo have a very strong defence! I seen 2 of there games against AC Milan and there defence is very well organised. I would want to face Sparta Prague, maybe Celta as there not the best going forward. Must avoid Bayern Munich, Porto, and Deportivo I think we can deal with the other teams.

Andrew

Now that I think about it... I hope we get a big team, like Bayern Munich, because the chance of it being shown on TV here is higher. ;)

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mark said:
i'd like us to beat a tougher team like bayern munich or deportivo so that we can show how good we are and go further and be more confident if we face the really big teams.

lol. keep your feet on the ground. you cant become european conquerors just like that. i'd rather get an easy draw and progress, not particularly caring how good people think we are

Sammer

Established Member
I would like to see us play Bayern Munich.

They are a big name, and it would boost the guys´confidence to get pass them. It would be just perfect: Bayern is quite vulnerable at the moment. They were so damn lucky that Anderlecht didn´t score yesterday. Although they have decent strikers (Maakay, Pizarro) and a (sometimes) solid defense (Lizarazu, Sagnol, Kuffour) - they currently suck in midfield.
This leads to creative teams being able to put them under constant pressure and I just know, that we would beat them both at home and away.

I would rather not see us play Stuttgart. They didn´t really have anything to loose at old Trafford, but they are damn well organized - sort of like Bayer Leverkusen in 2001/2002. Their team spirit is enormous and I disagree with people saying ManU was in ****ty shape when playing in Stuttgart. Stuttgart just dominated them big time.

Spart Prag would obviously the easiest task - but you never know about that in a knock-out stage.

I guess all the other teams are quite equal and should not be underestimated.

flotz

i think we'll get bayern...
we are pretty good against germans side so its ok for me...and it will be a big game

melto

Its got to be Stuttgart, in a game they really wanted to win against the manure they were not even in the game, they had no clue as to what to do, we will walk it

and dont forget we have missed the obvious, all the teams are talking like this and they are all saying "lets hope we avoid Arsenal, they look sooooooo good"

quattro

none should be underestimated and i think we have a fair chance against any of them. i just hope we draw a team where the climate is more conducive to football in february. i saw the kiev game earlier... climate like that is a severe disadvantage to any visiting team. we can live with barriers like noisy home crowds, but as much as possible, i hope we can avoid having to re-adapt to the physical environment any more than we have to. this being a two-legged stage, away games are now twice as important.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Any of Real Sociedad, Sparta, Celta de Vigo or Porto will do. I don't think Sparta should be taken too lightly. Such a pity we can't draw Lokomotiv again.

Sammer

Established Member
Melto has a point there.

There was an interview with the Bayern Manager and the Stuttgart-Manager on german TV last night.... guess what teams they´d like to avoid:

Hitzfeld (Bayern): Arsenal and Juve

Magath (Stuttgart): AC Milan and Arsenal

I´d just love to see Arsenal throw BAYERN out - with a direct competition between MadJens and Oliver Kahn. ;D

lewdikris

Established Member
Interesting - our rep in Europe is so odd. It was the same last year. Mind you, after the pasting Germany took from Henry and the boys for France I can kinda see why.

Whilst i'd prefer any of the other 7 over Bayern, for obvious reasons, even if they're not as good as they used to be - it'd be one hell of a tie. And we know we can take anyone on away now - which is exactly what the other teams will fear most.

You gonna try and get tickets if it is a German team Sammer?

Sammer

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Interesting - our rep in Europe is so odd. It was the same last year. Mind you, after the pasting Germany took from Henry and the boys for France I can kinda see why.

Whilst i'd prefer any of the other 7 over Bayern, for obvious reasons, even if they're not as good as they used to be - it'd be one hell of a tie. And we know we can take anyone on away now - which is exactly what the other teams will fear most.

You gonna try and get tickets if it is a German team Sammer?

You bet !!! But not only for the Arsenal-Away-Game, but it might also be´finally the chance to get Tickets for Highbury..

torgrim

I actually hope to avoid going to Prague and have our players showered with the racial abuse that many clubs have suffered over there. And i do believe that Celta Vigo is the weakest among the teams in the second pool. They have acouple of decent individuals such as McCarthy and Mostovoi, but should not pose any trouble over two games.

SydneyGunnerFan

well you really wouldnt want to play any of these teams there all in pretty good form and they are all very strong but the team i would like to see arsenal play is deportivo. They might be strong in spanish league but does anyone know how they have gone against a english team so i say deportivo vs arsenal in the next round

Double_H

Established Member
SydneyGunnerFan said:
well you really wouldnt want to play any of these teams there all in pretty good form and they are all very strong but the team i would like to see arsenal play is deportivo. They might be strong in spanish league but does anyone know how they have gone against a english team so i say deportivo vs arsenal in the next round[/quote

iF IM NOT MISTAKIN THEY BEAT mAN U ...2 years ago Home and away

Deportivo are very strong ...i still wanna play Celta Vigo ....they are the easiest

SydneyGunnerFan

Double_H said:
SydneyGunnerFan said:
well you really wouldnt want to play any of these teams there all in pretty good form and they are all very strong but the team i would like to see arsenal play is deportivo. They might be strong in spanish league but does anyone know how they have gone against a english team so i say deportivo vs arsenal in the next round[/quote

iF IM NOT MISTAKIN THEY BEAT mAN U ...2 years ago Home and away

Deportivo are very strong ...i still wanna play Celta Vigo ....they are the easiest

ok then maybe we shouldnt play them then ay i dont know who we should verse because there all hard teams now i say who ever we play just play a strong game and put all the effort we got in us into the match. Then all of us would be proud win or lose

lewdikris

Established Member
Either of Celta and Sociedad would be ok. We basically play Primera Liga football, and those two are doing appallingly over there right now.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
torgrim said:
I actually hope to avoid going to Prague and have our players showered with the racial abuse that many clubs have suffered over there. And i do believe that Celta Vigo is the weakest among the teams in the second pool. They have acouple of decent individuals such as McCarthy and Mostovoi, but should not pose any trouble over two games.

McCarthy's playing in Portugal now. It would be good to see our old friend Silvinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom