• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

So, we're through !!! But who's next in the knockout stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Bayern and Stugart are very danger for our team. Celta ,La coruna, Sociedad are ok. Porto and Sparta are like a piece of cake for our team.

A

Anonymous

If we play to our potential we should beat any of those teams.

But in an ideal world i would like to avoid Bayern and Porto and probably Deportivo.

XxGoonaStuxX

lol. ot that i wanna come up against Real but it would be great to see how we go against them and if we beat them.
Just interesting....who knows

thegame24

Established Member
if we played madrid we would could get into double figures against them.

piss poor defence and only beckham come and helps them.

sure they will score 2 or 3 against us but i reckon we would get more

XxGoonaStuxX

I think we would do well aswell. However for the meantime I think we could do well facing someone like Deportivo/Bayern/Porto. Either of those. 2 of the first are Big teams and it would o us good to beat them. Porto would be easy.

AFCG7

Established Member
We could beat any of those teams in the second round.. we have to be patient and even if things go to a 0-0 at Highbury we can pick them apart at the away games

Sammer

Established Member
In about one hour we´ll know more. I have a strange feeling that it will be some spanish team, since Real Madrid will most likely pick up one of the german teams (opponents from the same country not allowed at this stage).

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
ARSENAL, Chelsea and Manchester United could find themselves in opposition should they make it through to the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

That is the scenario awaiting the trio if they negotiate the first knockout stage, the draw of which takes place in Nyon, Switzerland, today.

This time around clubs from the same national association will not be drawn against each other.

In addition the winner and the runner-up from the same group will not be drawn against each other. From the quarter-finals onward, however, there will be no such stipulations.

United lost only one of their six group games and could face old rivals Bayern Munich in the first knockout stage in a repeat of the 1999 final.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side won it at the death, but the Germans remain formidable opponents.

Arsenal might find themselves up against Bundesliga leaders Stuttgart, who lost at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich could find himself heading back to Russia and that would no doubt delight Lokomotiv Moscow. The big-spenders will avoid Sparta Prague, but Arsenal and Manchester United would no doubt welcome a tie against the Czech Republic side.

Meanwhile, nine-times Real Madrid could face either Sparta Prague, Stuttgart, Bayern or Lokomotiv.

Real, nine-times European champions, are clear favourites to win the competition again but the club are wary of the two German sides.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

Deportivo are the team that I hope we avoid.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, Real can only be drawn against Prague, Bayern, Sparta and Lokomotiv, everyone else is out... It''d be real interesting if they got Bayern, but they'll probably 'accidentally' get Prague...

A

Anonymous

I want Celta de Vigo because I want to see Arsenal. I need it. I see them always on tv, but I want to go to a football stadium to see them playing. And Vigo is near my town.
The other team that I'd like is Deportivo, but I prefer Celta because there are only 25 km between Vigo and my town (Pontevedra).

A

Anonymous

Oh my god! Celta de Vigo! Yes, yes, yes. The one that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom