<

Soccer Manager.com

Discussion in 'Football Games (FIFA, FM, FPL, etc.)' started by Nutsy, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

thats great news. set up a a-m league?

2. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

You get one free custom set-up with a gold membership but I think that the World Championship format looks the best because there's a good amount of teams and good variety so people should want to play as them.

3. Clrnc

ok then lets set world championship format. but everybody would want arsenal considering who we supporting.

lets only allow a-m people

4. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

I'll join. I'm guessing the admin would deserve Arsenal (Rocafella) unless he doesn't want them.

I don't know anything about the game though but i enjoy these types of games.

5. Clrnc

its like FM where all the clubs are there for you to choose.

or should we vacant arsenal and we all can each choose one team

6. i think it should be set that the league owner has arsenal, they have spent the money, so its theirs.

7. Clrnc

so hows the custom setup?

8. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

I don't know what's happened with it, and I can't make a custom setup as well since I'm not a gold member. I'm managing 3 clubs now, HSV, Fiorentina and Zaragoza.

9. -Shaun-

-Shaun- New Member

Is anyone still playing this game? :lol:

I'm with AEK Athens at the moment, got a brill youth squad.

10. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

I am still currently managing HSV, Fiorentina and Zaragoza. :D

11. Clrnc

I am managing Arsenal and Roma.

12. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

MY HSV team will be playing Arsenal in the World Champ Cup on the 25th of August. :D

13. Clrnc

I also got myself a HSV side :)
    Current in turn 8

Got myself some good players!

14. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

BUMP. Do people on here still play this? I've become unhealthily obsessed with it

15. SuperStar

SuperStar New Member

Yeah I am. I'm currently managing Bordeaux and I am very close to promotion into Division 1 in a world championship.

16. rich 1990

I'm a Gold Member myself, currently have fourteen teams although i must confess i am concerned as to where this game is headed. SM are constantly making changes which interferes with the smoothness of the game, i wish they would just leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it as the saying goes.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar New Member

Wow you must play it a lot, I only recently started playing. I never thought of paying to become a gold member, do you think it is actually worth it?

18. rich 1990

Yes, in the sense that when i got it in October 2009 i was still fairly happy with the game and i kept quitting the teams i had to try and get better teams like Barce/Real Madrid/Arsenal and so forth, gold membership gave me more chances to get those teams and i now have three Real's, three Barces, two Inter's, two Arsenal's and one Milan. So in that sense it is worth it.
    But in recent months i've become a little disenchanted with SM as i've already stated as they are needlessly fiddling with the game and ruining my enjoyment of the game. They are also making the rating changes a little too radical for my liking as well. I'm in two minds as to whether to renew my GM, i probably will as i would lose teams that i have become attached too but it will be somewhat reluctantly as i can't help but feel my money is going to a bunch of mercenaries.

19. CandysRoom

CandysRoom New Member Trusted

Ha, i've only just found this thred.

Rich, i think you and i were discussing SM in the lobby one night a few months back. Wow, 14 teams, you must have a serious addiction. I've only got 5 - 2 Arsenals, Barnsley, Southampton and Man U.

As you predicted, Diaby didn't get the 90 i was hoping for, but he will, so i'm keeping him...

Send me an invite to Candysroom. and i'll join a club in one of your setups for some fun if you like.

20. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

Lost interest in this, but SM keeps on e-mailing me :lol:

There's not much to do after you get promoted to Division 1. The top 5 clubs basically hoarded all the best players already. I might check it out now lol