• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Soccer Manager.com

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
CandysRoom said:
Ha, i've only just found this thred.

Rich, i think you and i were discussing SM in the lobby one night a few months back. Wow, 14 teams, you must have a serious addiction. I've only got 5 - 2 Arsenals, Barnsley, Southampton and Man U.

As you predicted, Diaby didn't get the 90 i was hoping for, but he will, so i'm keeping him...

Send me an invite to Candysroom. and i'll join a club in one of your setups for some fun if you like.
He didn't deserve it, not consistent enough. Fourteen teams ain't a serious addiction, it pales in comparison to some folks who have literally dozens.

entropy13

Established Member
Just recently came back to this after my last post. My three teams are Lazio (Division 2), Schalke 04 (Division 1) and Marseille (Division 2).

My profile: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=293356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=293356</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rich 1990

A piece of information for anyone who happens to be a Gold Member- Holiday mode is absolutely useless :roll:

CandysRoom

Established Member
Had to upgrade my account to gold member. Won the league with Arsenal, got entered into the SMFA champs cup (which you can't participate in unless a gold member, your assistant manager picks the side if your not), drew milan in the pfirst round and lost 1 nil. When i then checked the match report, my "assistant" had played Cesc at RB, RVP at CM and Iniesta up pfront. What an effing joke!!

Had to upgrade because my good name is getting seriously tarnished :)

rich 1990

I really don't see what the point was of introducing the SMFA competition into all the game worlds. Most standard game worlds have only a handful of gold members at best, and you find yourself up against teams like Barcelona with all their best players gone. I'm afraid Candy, your just another person who has fallen for SM's constant need to make money. I've already found myself completely disinterested in the international teams, i find myself sometimes playing four games a week which is killing my enjoyment of the game. If SM had any decency, they would go back to having SMFA competitions solely in Gold Championships.

rich 1990

Also, i'm still absolutely fuming with SM over the Holiday mode thing. Only one or two of my teams, while i was away, had decent runs of form and whose players were left in decent conditions. When i came back i found most of my players had match fitness levels of around 20 or 30 per cent which is atricious and on top of that there were numerous players who had been injured or sent off. I'm actually thinking of sending a ticket to complain.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Agree with everything you've said Rich.

I've never used holiday mode. I've always let a (Trusted) friend log into my account and keep an eye on my players when i'm unavailable for any length of time.

rich 1990

SM's bloody falling apart. One of the results that was meant to be in last night at ten o clock at the latest, still isn't in at ten past eleven the next morning. It's an absolute shambles.

rich 1990

SM really ****ed me off today.I have a Barcelona in a Spanish championship and my defenders are Carlos Puyol, Gerard Pique, Dani Alves, Lucio and Javier Zanetti. As you can see, the personnel are talented enough with four 94s and a 96. Now, i usually play three at the back so up until this point i haven't really seen the need to have a left back but after a while most formations tend to stop working and you have to try something different, for example switching from 3-5-2 to say 4-3-3.

With this in mind and with 23 million in the bank, i noticed Ashley Cole at an unmanaged club, who had a squad of 25 so there was no danger of dropping under the squad minimum of 21. With Cashley being valued at just over 21 million, it made perfect sense for me to make a bid for him. There's not a huge deal of competition in the set up so i logged off last night, fully expecting to wake up this morning having seen the bid accepted and few hours later to see Cole has joined.

However, there was a sting in the tail. With SM having introduced the SMFA Champions Cup and SMFA shield into all standard game worlds, i have been bombarded with bids from external and unmanaged teams in practically all the set ups i'm in. The exception being the gold championship where there are hardly any external teams and no decent unmanaged teams so this isn't really a problem in those game worlds.Anyway, what did i see this morning? Chelsea, an external team or in other words a team that cannot be managed, had made a bid of 24 bloody million, more money then i had, and it was accepted.

Ashley Cole will now go on not being used for at least another three months, when instead he could have been at a managed club where he would have been used on a regular basis. The only games he will get are in the SMFA Champions Cup which is absolutely bloody pointless when there is only ten managers in the set up, out of which only three, including myself, are gold members. I'm so annoyed :x

rich 1990

Well, im absolutely bewildered. I've just joined a fairly new game world and i noticed that Lyon had sold Jeremy Toulalan for CV. I always get a little suspicious when i see these deals in World Championships so i did some sleuthing and checked out the Lyon squad. Here are the transfers he made;

IN

MCGEOWN, Mark GGk Queen's Park 40 65
CAMILLERI, Alex GGk Free Agent 35 65
POWELL, Mark RBRB Free Agent 35 65
RUFFER, Carl CB-RBCB/RB Free Agent 35 65
LLOYD, Gary LB-DMLB/DM Llanelli 38 65
SHARP, Kevin LBLB Free Agent 36 65
PEARCE, Ian CBCB Lincoln City 36 65 JUDGE, Ben CBCB AFC Wimbledon 33 65
KOZORKOV, Vladimir CBCB Free Agent 32 65
TULLY, Craig RB-CBRB/CB East Stirlingshire 34 65
RIMAS, Marijus DDef Free Agent 32 62
HILL, Kevin LMLM Free Agent 34 64
COTTERALL, Nathan LM-LBLM/LB Carmarthen Town 33 65
BRADY, Jon RM-RBRM/RB Free Agent 35 64
HENNEY, Matt RM-AMRM/AM Free Agent 34 65
LITTLE, Ian W-AMWing/AM Berwick Rangers 36 65
KELLY, Jimmy CM-DMCM/DM Free Agent 37 65
SMART, Matt CM-DMCM/DM Eastbourne Borough 34 65
NAKAMURA, Akihiro DM-CMDM/CM Tampines Rovers 33 65
TINDALL, Jason CMCM AFC Bournemouth 32 65
FUKSOV, Valentin MMid Free Agent 33 65
LIMBERT, Marc AMAM Bangor City 36 65
TONER, John FFwd Free Agent 34 65
MCFARLANE, David FFwd Albion Rovers 31 65
RAWLE, Mark FFwd Free Agent 31 65
BUTLER, Martin CFCF Free Agent 36 65
SMART, Allan CFCF Southport

The numbers are the ages and then the ratings, as you can see they are all terrible signings.

Here are the OUT transfers;

Michel Bastos
Miralem Pjanic
Maxime Gonalons
Aly Cissokho
Jeremy Toulalan

or in other words, some of Lyon's best players, all sold for CV. On top of that, the likes of Lloris, Gourcuff and Lisandro et al have all been transfer listed, again for just over chairman value. In summary, the manager is selling off all Lyon's best players and replacing them with awful ones and anyone who's played the game will know he will quit the club, having completed decimated the squad and putting off future managers from taking over.

That's not the end of it. Seeing this, i decided to act. I wrote an article in the game world newspaper requesting the other managers to no longer deal with this person. I also sent in a ticket requesting SM to act but apparently they don't deem it as cheating so the transfer still stand and the bloke is still managing in the set up. However, i will not let this rest so watch this space...

entropy13

Established Member
I have lost my post in all three teams, haven't logged in in 30 days :lol:

All those teams have improved once I took over, I got key signings as well so whoever replaces me have a relatively easy job already. :p

rich 1990

entropy13 said:

All those teams have improved once I took over, I got key signings as well so whoever replaces me have a relatively easy job already. :p
Your heart must really be in it :wink:

rich 1990

Some good news on the cheating little **** front. I sent PMs to the Man City and Sp**s managers explaining what was happening and they withdrew their bids in Youann Gourcuff. Hopefully now that he knows he's been found out he'll just give up and leave the set up and hopefully SM altogther.

entropy13

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
entropy13 said:

Your heart must really be in it :wink:

Can't seem to really get back to SM like before. I managed HSV for 5 seasons, 4 of which in Division 1 while the first was in Division 2 (where we won the league and thus promotion).

rich 1990

This Lyon manager is actually a ******, he called me a **** :( Still, i shall have the last laugh 8))

rich 1990

Just a heads up for anyone's whose interested. I'll be creating a custom game world for Arsenal mania members only next week, so if you wanna join come and talk about it in the lobby thread :)

entropy13

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
Just a heads up for anyone's whose interested. I'll be creating a custom game world for Arsenal mania members only next week, so if you wanna join come and talk about it in the lobby thread :)

Might bring me back to it then. :lol:

rich 1990

entropy13 said:
rich 1990 said:

Might bring me back to it then. :lol:
Cool :) In other news, i have driven the Lyon manager out of the set up :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom