Software Update Schedule

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by redwhiteAustrian, Mar 16, 2015.

1. The  Jury

The Jury Well-Known Member

i imagine the site is incredibly slow for everyone else too, right?

2. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

Anyone know how I can get this twitter messaging thing on the right hand side of the forum to stop obstructing the first few posts on every page? I took a screenshot of it here:

http://imgur.com/Zr3KRXi

THunter likes this.
  3. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Honestly, it looks like your page zoom is higher than it should be.. try resetting your zoom and see if that shrinks the left side a little. (your text in the posts looks larger than mine)

i could be very wrong though

4. GabeGooner

GabeGooner Well-Known Member

Ad-blocker will hide it if you select the option to remove social media buttons.

mo50 likes this.
  5. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

Pop ups are killing the site for me at the moment. Trying to access threads from my iPhone, on half the links, I'm getting pop ups that immediately start loading the App Store for dodgy apps I don't need. Every time I click the link, the same thing happens. I have pop ups disabled on the iPhone, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

James Bond likes this.
  6. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

The entire page shrinks along with the twitter feed if I try that. I think I need to play around with some adblocking software.

7. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

I cannot stress how frustrating this is. Everytime, and I mean everytime, I go into a thread or a new forum I get a app store add reroute that takes me away from the forum. Takes on average of two times of backing out and closing the App store for me to see anything on here. Seriously makes browsing A-M on my Iphone useless.

Please Please please look into this. I know add revenue is important but this makes me stay away from the forum unless I'm on my laptop.

The Escaped Ape likes this.
  8. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

It took me 6 attempts just to get here to see what you've written! Some days are worse than others for some reason.

James Bond likes this.
  9. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Yeah, this forum is a nightmare on mobile devices from my experience. Works fine on a PC though.

The Escaped Ape and James Bond like this.
  10. Pies

Pies Member

Not working well for me on- mac, pc, or iPhone.

James Bond likes this.
  11. GDeep

GDeep Well-Known Member

Smooth as a babys bottom for me.

12. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

Forums unusable on a desktop without adblock.

Not even worth visiting, on my tablet.

The Escaped Ape and James Bond like this.
  13. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

According to the owners, they've now fixed the issues with POP-Ups for the mobile version of AM.

14. Maxim

Maxim Well-Known Member

Don't know about everyone else but pop ups are still an issue for me. Android device.

indy23 likes this.
  15. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Just as a little note the main reason for my absence the last few months was because one day I found I couldn't get into the forum, thought it was a server down issue, and then totally forgot about the site until these holidays. Figured out the site was blocking my entry due to my use of Steganos Online Shield, more specifically the "block ads" option I believe.

Of course a site cannot be run as a charity with no revenue, but just letting admins know.

16. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

I get pop ups when I go on the site and before I get chance to log in I get pop ups

17. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory 4 at the back like a real football team Moderator

Any other mods or Admins know what the deal is with this update? Doesn't look that great...

kopzilla and salvat like this.
  18. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

White and pink tho?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

No clue at all, otherwise I'd have let you all known.
    Although I don't think this red is looking like pink....

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  20. indy23

indy23 Well-Known Member

Clicked the snackfootball link and this is the first thing i see

"Jamie Vardy is set to snub a move to Arsenal and stay with Leicester City, where he will also sign a new deal. (Source: Daily Star)"

I will never click that link again.