Software Update Schedule

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by redwhiteAustrian, Mar 16, 2015.

1. GunnerGetYah

GunnerGetYah Well-Known Member

Why does the forum suddenly look like Redcafe? Is someone trolling us? Worst. Update. Ever.

kopzilla likes this.
  2. utkarsh_311

utkarsh_311 New Member

The old design was really bad and outdated, this is much better you might not like the color interface but really anything is better

3. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Some tweaks here and there are needed though.
    Make the red more....red.....and apdat the Alerts button, and the New Thread one.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. tap-in

tap-in :|

yeh, the Magenta definitely needs to be Red. Banner needs to be bigger. Is the font smaller? I know I can change my browser settings but..........

5. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

Not sure about the colour, but the forum in general could use some tweaks to make it more modern.

The switch to Xenforo was a good one, but the width of the page and the use of Georgia and Trebuchet as standard fonts are more fitting if we had lived in the 90's.

Edit: a good example is http://www.arsenalreport.com/. Much clearer, uncluttered and much easier on the eyes.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    say yes and krackpots_ghost like this.
  6. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

It'll be great if the forum members could vote on a change before it happens as long as it isn't something that'll affect the site commercially(related to ads).

7. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Great job I Like it but the Menu bar with white text on solid red background makes it less readable on high res 4k screen. Maybe just a red outline/underline and black text font and white background .

8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Could be worse..? Moderator

It looks a lot more pink on my work PC than my macbook at home.

9. ErraticPumpkin

ErraticPumpkin Well-Known Member

Agree with this.

Imagine not using Tahoma or Calibri in 2016 ffs.

10. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

You're a real smartass, aren't you?

11. GunnerGetYah

GunnerGetYah Well-Known Member

At least the old one looked professional, this now looks like something a kid created. I've designed better websites whilst drunk.

salvat likes this.
  12. kopzilla

kopzilla Well-Known Member

It looks like a man with no clothes on...the earlier one made you feel comfy and easy on the eyes...

Come on guys please revert to the earlier colour.

albakos likes this.
  13. redwhiteAustrian

The Alters Notification and the New Thread Button have been fixed.

blaze_of_glory and Rimaal like this.
  14. rednwhitearmy

rednwhitearmy Resident Noob

The ads associated to Arsenal-Mania are insulting.

I believe you should just ask for donations, with an incentive, such as 'Silver Member' or something based on whether you donate, instead of plaguing the site with a wave of advertisements.

I've been a member for 10-11 years now, and whilst I don't post too regularly, I have seen this site evolve over the years; I would be more than happy to donate if it meant getting rid of the ads.

@redwhiteAustrian , happy to help out.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    albakos likes this.
  15. Stumped

Stumped Well-Known Member

The site is very difficult to access on my phone (android). After 5 or so minutes I get redirected to pop ups and Google notifications that my phone is under threat from viruses.........:(

I never actually get viruses but it's a pain having to clear my browser cache so often for such a petty reason

salvat and albakos like this.
  16. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

is it just me who is finding the forum quite buggy since the update?

My main issue is- at busy times or in the busier threads it is completely unresponsive to typing in the text boxes before I post a reply.

I have to type the message elsewhere and then copy/paste.

17. redwhiteAustrian

By tomorrow, the colour scheme should be more closer to the Arsenal Mania of old.

salvat likes this.
  18. redwhiteAustrian

So, colour scheme adapted.

blaze_of_glory and Kroket like this.
  19. STYLEZ

STYLEZ Well-Known Member

@redwhiteAustrian
    @celestis
    @blaze_of_glory

Gents there seems to be a problem with logging into the site. And a few members have had to create new account inc myself.

You will log on then it will lag then you'll get an error message reading "503" but then your account would read last log on 1 minute ago and you'll have the the green tab to say your online when you not.

Any news on this.

20. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

I do not the ads that keep coming up
    I am not interested in the ads andit certainly puts me off coming online more oftern