• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Stand out name there is Aaron Ramsey.

I’m not sure how we let our best player leave the club for free. There would be no talk of Özil or ESR if we still had Rambo playing off our front three.

Partey and Ramsey in the same team would have been fap worthy.

Omg man you're killing me, wish I hadn't read this post, just the thought of Ramsey linking up with Saka and ESR is tugging at my heartstrings. Juve gave him a deal till 2023, surely we could have matched that? This club is just a bunch of bastards.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t it the opposite of that with Sokratis? We’re giving him all his money to play for someone else.
By mutual consent, I interpret that as he takes a hit as well. Ie the contract is not paid out in full.

Perhaps never really good enough for us, but he seemed a straightforward and decent bloke. Best of luck in the future.

Balboa

CharmingPoliteHaddock-max-14mb.gif

Best for all. Arsenal need to improve at selling players and making spaces in the squad for rebuilding. This is another tentative sign of moving in the right direction...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Stand out name there is Aaron Ramsey.

I’m not sure how we let our best player leave the club for free. There would be no talk of Özil or ESR if we still had Rambo playing off our front three.

Partey and Ramsey in the same team would have been fap worthy.

I think Ramsey has to be the most overrated player in Arsenal history lmao, he was not that good at all. Plus he'd be injured all the time if he were here, don't miss him at all tbh.

BigPoppaPump

These are so many mistakes really have to learn from those i know most are down to Ivan and his s**ty planning but hopefully things improve

We also sign players for way more than they're worth and don't get them performing at the level of that price. Lacazette cost us 50 million, has he performed at a 50 million player level? No. Is he worth more now than back then? No one would ever pay that for him now. Is he better now than back then? He lost all his pace and stamina.

Pepe another one we paid way too much for and won't ever get the value we paid for.

Anyway I'm glad we got rid of Sokratis, Sven Mislintat signings set us back years but Arsenal fans were crying over him for some reason.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t it the opposite of that with Sokratis? We’re giving him all his money to play for someone else.
I think he has taken a hit to leave. We haven't just terminated his contract, which would mean paying him off without his consent. It was mutually agreed so there would have been some give and take.

Balboa

Honestly the money is a bit incidental to me. These players with overblown contracts were always going to sit on them until they got paid up.

Grateful for small mercies... He's gone. These outgoings could be giving squad morale a lift going into big games with Southampton and Man Utd.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Can we give Partey the no. 5 shirt already, or would it be distasteful to do it so soon?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Not allowed to change numbers mid-season.

Apparently it was actually Partey who insisted that Sokratis was left out of the squad. Someone even overheard the conversation:

Partey: "The 5 don't get worn till it's worn by me, you hear?"
Arteta: "Okay, Thomas, as you say"
Mustafi: "Haha! Good one, Tommy!"
Partey: "Shut it, freak"
Mustafi: "Yes, Thomas. Sorry, Thomas"

419px-Thomas_Partey_2019.jpg

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think Ramsey has to be the most overrated player in Arsenal history lmao, he was not that good at all. Plus he'd be injured all the time if he were here, don't miss him at all tbh.

:lol:

image.jpg

It’s actually funny if he was not good at all and overrated then how is he starting games for one of the best sides (Juventus) in Europe?

I remember when some were comparing Ramsey to Wilshere. Aaron Ramsey was so clear of him imo.

BigPoppaPump

:lol:

image.jpg

It’s actually funny if he was not good at all and overrated then how is he starting games for one of the best sides (Juventus) in Europe?

I remember when some were comparing Ramsey to Wilshere. He’s was so clear of him imo.

He wasn't that good I meant, he was a good midfielder. Had no positional discipline and was quite selfish, but he was active and would get about also he could be effective in the final third. He's injured more often than not anyway and he's a bench player at Juve.

Alex Song and Vermaelen went to Barcelona, these teams just love Arsenal players for cheap. It would make no difference if Ramsey was or wasn't there.

Tbh though he's better than whatever we've had since he left so I can't say nothing there.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

These are so many mistakes really have to learn from those i know most are down to Ivan and his s**ty planning but hopefully things improve

:lol: @ putting Welbeck on that list.

Only this club was going to be stupid enough to be fleeced into paying a fee for a him.

I’ll never forget A-M trying to convince me/others he had all the tools and Wenger/Arsenal was going to unlock him. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom