• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/arsenal-presented-an-offer-for-borussia-dortmunds-papastathopulos-the-details/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciome ... e-details/</a>

According to Di Marzio We make a bid of 15M euros+ bonuses for Sokratis Dortmund center back.

BobP

Memri Fan
FFS Yousif, just beat me.

Don't think this is a starter, from backup at Dortmund to backup here?

arshy9

Established Member
BobP said:

Me too.haha

He's a big guy who can cover two positions for us DM and CB.Would think he's physical.

Would be ideal for us in terms of versatility.

I think a deal could be reached since he said they want 25,meaning that they're open to selling him.I reckon we could beat it down to maybe 20.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
BobP said:

Dortmund just signed Ginter and they have Hummels and Subotic so i don't think he will have a chance there he will be 4th choice here he will be 3rd choice and with our injury history he will have many chances :wink: .

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
This guy's no looker, going from Vermaelen to him isn't going to help calendar sales.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I don't know a whole lot about him but he has pretty good whoscored ratings.

If we're paying 15m plus could he be intended to start or fight for a starting space?

Supposedly he can play right back too

arsmile

Established Member
I like him

big strong and versatile- could be that one additional player to finish us off defensively

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He did well whenever he played for Dortmund whenever I saw, better than that Santana (is that it?) guy they have.

If it's a two birds with one stone type of signing we know Wenger cannot resist.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think 15M euros for a backup a player is hard to reject i don't think they'll see better offer in future for him and he spend the next year on the bench at Dortmund.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
By far the best player for the national team when I watch him, and apparently he's one of the most underrated in the Bundesliga. I'd have to get confirmation from RWA or Jones for that statement though.

Definitely potential to be a 1st choice player imo.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He had en excellent season at Dortmund, hardly a back-up player anymore for them. Subotic and Hummels could end up fighting for the spot next to him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Alot of Dortmund fans on twitter saying they think Dortmund will not sell him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bigbludfire said:
By far the best player for the national team when I watch him, and apparently he's one of the most underrated in the Bundesliga. I'd have to get confirmation from RWA or Jones for that statement though.

Definitely potential to be a 1st choice player imo.

Confirmation given. :D

Almost certainly not happening for that reason, he doesn't only have the potential to be 1st choice but already is imo. It'll be Subotic on the bench when everyone is fit and on form, Ginter will get chances in the cup or in CDM at best, not even in the same league as Sokratis at the moment.

say yes

forum master baiter
Got me excited there Jonesy.

What kind of CB is he? If he's knocking Subotic out of the Dortmund team then I take it he'd seriously push Mertesacker for a first team spot here.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Maybe Wenger has decided Mertesacker needs an upgrade/competition? Why get a back up for 10m when you can improve the first team for 15 to 20m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom