• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully its all agent talk because this guy is in decline and having awful season according to Dortmund fans

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
he is a good defender, and has been for a few years for us, but yeah he is not having the best season, but then he isn't the only one. We've had so much chopping and changing of the defensive line ups this season, we have used about 8 different central defenders, no joke, even Weigl played back there. It's been a mess.

But he is close to 30, I don't see how it makes so much sense for Arsenal to be giving him a big contract now. Plus he does tend to pick up a lot of niggly injuries. I would say money can be better spent! There are many younger central defenders in the Bundesliga for starters.

HBL

Established Member
Would like us to try our luck with some players that don’t play in the Bundesliga.

I wonder if Wenger was right about this appointment adding nothing special to our set up or how we do transfer deals. Nothing feels better about it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We learn nothing on the market.

Horrible defender this season and pulling shirts everytime.
An older Mustafi, nice.
I really hope all agent talks I would prefer 2 young defenders for 20-25M than 30 years center back who been awful

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Nobody wanted the 30 year old Gabonese Walcott, but Sven brought him here and now everybody is happy.
#SvenKnowsBest

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
he is a good defender, and has been for a few years for us, but yeah he is not having the best season, but then he isn't the only one. We've had so much chopping and changing of the defensive line ups this season, we have used about 8 different central defenders, no joke, even Weigl played back there. It's been a mess.

But he is close to 30, I don't see how it makes so much sense for Arsenal to be giving him a big contract now. Plus he does tend to pick up a lot of niggly injuries. I would say money can be better spent! There are many younger central defenders in the Bundesliga for starters.

I actually think it makes a lot of sense for Arsenal to bring in a guy around that age with great experience. They need to tighten up the defense now, while Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette and Özil are in their primes. To me, it makes no sense to only buy younger players who still need development. Someone such as Sokratis can help now.

Here's one thing to keep in mind about Sokratis: he's only been credited with one defensive error over the past four Bundesliga seasons. Man, does Arsenal really need that!

Aevi

Hale End FC
giphy.gif

Wasn't sure, but I'm now a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom