• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh-Zeal

I'm happy with Sokratis at the moment. Mustafi looks solid when he wants to as well. The key thing is to not expose them. Torreira should be the main shield.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Once he gets used to the PL and Unai's system, he'll be pretty good. Possibly even starting some attacks from deep with long balls or carrying it through midfield.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think he looks really good. Made some important blocks.

Jae

Good performance today, as I said in the match day thread: No nonsense defending, intelligent and reads the game well, made some good plays out from the back and picks his tackles sensibly, he also knows when to slow the game down. Unfortunately just lacks a yard of pace, needs a quicker defender next to him.

Not the best defender in the world but for the amount we paid for him he is comfortably better than Mustafi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm happy with Sokratis at the moment. Mustafi looks solid when he wants to as well. The key thing is to not expose them. Torreira should be the main shield.

Arsenal's fullbacks need to do better. Bellerin was horrible defensively today, but Nacho was getting burned a lot as well. Sokratis kept having to come out and cover for him, leaving Mustafi as the lone fullback (the same thing that happens on the other side a lot when Bellerin wanders out of position).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Meh, I'm with Yousif on this one, I don't think Sokratis looked great to me, he had good moments; too shaky overall though.

Look, I don't expect Mislintat to get them all right, but we should've kept our powder dry and maybe developed Callum and Mavrapanos more cos I'm not impressed with either of our starters.

The other issue is the backwards passing, Sokratis and Mustafi both constantly putting us under pressure cos they take about 10 years to make a pass and then it's backwards? C'mon son.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arsenal's fullbacks need to do better. Bellerin was horrible defensively today, but Nacho was getting burned a lot as well. Sokratis kept having to come out and cover for him, leaving Mustafi as the lone fullback (the same thing that happens on the other side a lot when Bellerin wanders out of position).
Fredericks was roasting Monreal time and time again in the 1st half.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Fredericks was roasting Monreal time and time again in the 1st half.

Yep. Everybody moaning about the center backs, but what they're not seeing is that they keep having to go out to cover for the fullbacks, each time leaving the other to cover the middle. Torreira will help a lot once he's fully up and running, but the fullbacks simply need to do better.

pikey2000

Your right the full backs aren't helping by bombing forward, problem is we can't ask them sit and keep the defense tight as they offer our only width.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Your right the full backs aren't helping by bombing forward, problem is we can't ask them sit and keep the defense tight as they offer our only width.

It's not just bombing forward. It's being out of position in Arsenal's own half. Bellerin played West Ham onside numerous times and let guys get around him.

pikey2000

It's not just bombing forward. It's being out of position in Arsenal's own half. Bellerin played West Ham onside numerous times and let guys get around him.

True, noticed that as well, must be hard to keep a solid line of four at the back when 2 of them are always going forward though, not like the old days where the back 4 moved up and down as a unit, no we are very much two CB's with two wing backs

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At one point he was caught out of position in the most bizarre way and we got lucky... in fact I think Sokratis snuffed it out..
Bit only was he caught miles up the pitch but his tracking back followed a strangely centrally magnetized movement.. like when a five year old is trying to figure out the game for the first time. I literally laughed

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The problem is that the full backs bomb forward at the same time. 2-1 up and the game won and both are in the box! Yes we scored but a strong CB orders one of them to sit. Miki covered for Bellerin quite well in th he first half but I thought Emery would have ironed this flaw out much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom