• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Wouldnt say he is fast, but he is definitely quicker than what people gives him credit for.

I like how he makes his decision nice and early, and commits to what he has decided to do - whether it's to go in 100% for a slide tackle or to fall back, keep distance and cut passing lanes. No wishy washy mess ups like his colleague.

Simple defensive game that has been fairly effective for us.

I think overall we still lack a distributor from defense. That is certainly not Papa's game and problems will surface when we start asking players to do what they can't. Big difference between being adaptable vs being unreasonable.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
less then 20 mil well spent.
his experience was of crucial need for our defence, yet he still has few top seasons in him, not only to give us experience but also his best games.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Great buy.

In the end, it is a decent addition to the squad.
The eventual hope comes by Sven finding a Guendouzi of a CB anyways.

For the remainder, Sokratis is perfect for our needs

Eduardo_da_Silva

Loved how he looked at his teammates after that stupid loss of the ball. He loves defending and could form a good partnership with another quality cb.

Plutarch

Last night he looked like a great defender. I suppose the poor quality of the opposition, Vorskla, has to be taken into account, still I was very impressed with his play.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I was a very harsh critic of him before he came here, I eat humble pie happily now. He has instantly left his form during his last days at Dortmund behind him.

Jae

Mustafi's fault he got injured after that stupid passage of play, forcing Sokratis to make a last ditch tackle on Walcott.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it's serious injury because he kept playing for 10 minutes before request to get sub. Again the loaning of Chambers look stupid now

Malky

Established Member
Praying he'll be fit for Watford, because I don't trust Mustafi as our senior defender who'll get bullied by Deeney.

Hopefully in the next couple of transfer windows we'll try and bring in the ideal CB partner for Sokratis - unless Holding steps up or Emery thinks Mavropanos is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom