• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thought he looked a bit all over the place at times, not sure I like his wrestling. Also played Stanislas onside at one stage when he failed to keep he line.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I really thought this guy would be rubbish, I don't know much about football and judge players based on FIFA I guess.
Well played for admitting it, a lot of people have went into hiding. Maybe it is better if they don't talk at all.

I swear some people had already decided he was **** based on that game against Boreham Wood.

Gunner140

Sokratis is showing a real leadership qualities. I thought that he played great today, as he didn't complicate much, while telling off Son, was just special.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Well played for admitting it, a lot of people have went into hiding. Maybe it is better if they don't talk at all.

I swear some people had already decided he was **** based on that game against Boreham Wood.
Most of those are no longer amongst us. Same as the Lacazette and Emery haters.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He's been quite the bargain buy for us. I never thought he'd be this good. Sell Koscielny and Mustafi, then buy a top quality center back to partner him while Holding and Chambers continue their development. Wish List material, I know, but give me a break... We just won the NLD in classic fashion!!!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm sorry but "meh meh he only cost 17m...meh meh he's another Mislintat Dortmund castaway signing on the cheap". It's the same thing I said in the Leno thread: Clubs have scouts and experts as decision makers for a reason (if they're not called Grimandi). Looking at youtube videos and the transfermarkt profile give you close to no idea about a player. Even if he's not in the absolute worldclass bracket, he's an experienced, more than solid CB with leadership qualities, great mentality, a nasty streak and physicality - exactly what this side needed in its line of defence and he happened to be available at an affordable price. That's good business if you need multiple players on a tight budget and can't just splash 40m on the best CB talents in world football.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Honestly thought he would be like a Squillaci type signing. Remember when we paid 5 million for a 30 year old Squillaci who was initally starting over Koscielny?

Seriously, I've been wrong big time here. We've needed him. Greeks know how to defend. Sometimes, 30 year old defender signings do work.

I will be more open minded now :)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hes a great influence. Important understated signing

Stannis

I really thought this guy would be rubbish, I don't know much about football and judge players based on FIFA I guess.

ironic considering he is pretty op on fifa, especially fifa 18

Back to the real world, im hopefully sokratis can be a mainstay for the next few years. He is a proper bull

We have needed proper masters of shiithousery like him and Lichsteiner for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom