Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The crazy thing about Van Dijk is that he went to Southampton for £12 million in the summer that we only signed Cech and no one else. I'm pretty sure we were linked with him sometime around that period too. If only we'd taken the gamble.

Furious and Erlis like this.
  2. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Something like this was eventually going to happen with the way he plays, but in the long run his style will benefit us more than it will hinder us. Just look at someone like Ramos, clearly a ****house and has a terrible disciplinary record but at the end of the day you want him in the team because he's your best defender.

That being said he got shafted yesterday. Don't understand why VAR didn't get involved

Fallout likes this.
  3. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah, I'm cool with how he is and his approach most of the time but I think he needs to be a bit more aware and calm to be able to take better decisions.

krengon likes this.
  4. pikey2000

pikey2000 Well-Known Member

we need guys like this, thought last night was harsh, not going to lose any sleep over it.

5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Said this guy was rash early in the season. In the first Sp**s match his challenge caused the Dier goal. He’s done quite a number of challenges where he jumps in without thinking or grabs hold of people.

He’s actually quite a good footballer, much better than Mustafi, but he’s a hot head. Whether at 30 Emery can calm him down, I would doubt.

The problem we have is that Xhaka, Mustafi and Sokratis are tarred with the same brush. And if you have 3 like that in the same team, there’s a chance one of them will give a free kick around the box, goal away, a penalty or get sent off.

And sometimes it all comes at once, against Rennes, Xhaka could have been sent off and was lucky, Sokratis was sent off and Mustafi gave away two free kicks on the edge of the box.

BigPoppaPump and krengon like this.
  6. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Was bound to have a bad game att some point. Still very Good so far for me.

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Yeah, he’s has to be cuter. I think he backs himself to hoodwink refs with his sly grabs and pulls. It won’t work all the time, although he was unlucky last night.

L3T5 PL4Y and krengon like this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I wanted him back then. Was sick when he signed for soton and knew he’d go fir much more later. Sick.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  9. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Because it's Arsenal. And until the manager starts calling out things like this, it will continue.

10. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

We turned van dijk down. We had a chance to sign him before southampton got him and was deemed too nonchalant.

Makingtrax likes this.
  11. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Arsène Wenger was never gonna buy a player from Scotland though let's be honest, we rarely even bought from England let alone Scotland. Most top teams wouldn't have gone for him for that same reason too, he needed a stepping stone team before the big team jump.

12. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

imo he's built up enough goodwill to excuse this incident. he does play on the edge but 9/10 times it serves us well. the ramos comparison is very astute. personally think he's been our best defender this season but gets undermined a lot by idiots like mustafi.

tcahill likes this.
  13. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

The new Mertesacker. Not the flashiest player, but he's the glue holding our defence together.

Kos finally got a partner that brings the best out of him, too.

krackpot and YeahBee like this.
  14. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

signing of the season.

15. Beast Incarnate

Beast Incarnate Well-Known Member

Where are the absolute clowns that were slating him on Thursday?

16. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

He can be my Papa.

Tir Na Nog and Furious like this.
  17. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

18. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Manz facial play like his performances: consistent

19. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Papa don't preach

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think he deserve the criticism against Rennes he really made the 2nd leg harder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.