• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Mentor to Plato and Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mustafi could end up a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Good passer, dominant in the air for one not so tall, good tackler and above all he has a very strong mentality.
OMG HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BUAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS, ARE YOU?

Seriously?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mustafi at Real Madrid :D

Mustafi at Barcelona :D

Mustafi a good passer with his hateful long balls

Mustafi strong mentality, as shown in the Cup final

And to believe all that, all we need to do is ignore his full season at our club

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Regarding Sokratis, you can add me to the hugely underwhelmed list, I haven't seen that much of him but what I saw reminded me of a slightly bigger, Greeker Mustafi.
He's a billion times better than Mustafi, and that's being kind to Mustafi. Sokratis may be a ***** at times, but he's mostly solid, Mustafi is solid at times, but he's mostly a ***** who can't mark, a ***** who can't concentrate, is never in position, and is almost always caught out by runs in behind.

Sokratis is solid comparatively, he might be first choice straightaway compared to the garbage we currently start.

Let's not forget that our best CB pairing last season was Mavroponas and Chambers, in that brief period. When you realise what that standard is, you realise just how bad things are. Mavroponas was playing in the Greek second division this time last year, to put things in context.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He's a billion times better than Mustafi, and that's being kind to Mustafi. Sokratis may be a ***** at times, but he's mostly solid, Mustafi is solid at times, but he's mostly a ***** who can't mark, a ***** who can't concentrate, is never in position, and is almost always caught out by runs in behind.

Sokratis is solid comparatively, he might be first choice straightaway compared to the garbage we currently start.

Let's not forget that our best CB pairing last season was Mavroponas and Chambers, in that brief period. When you realise what that standard is, you realise just how bad things are. Mavroponas was playing in the Greek second division this time last year, to put things in context.

True, I'm not saying he isn't better just that he reminded me of him in terms of style, very aggressive/rash, slightly clumsy and not particularly comfortable on the ball.
That appears to be the template.

thierrytheking14

Mustafi not as bad as most people think. Erase last season from your memories because it distorts everything. Kos made some high profile errors last season. Even nacho did. Their heads were all over the place.

Boateng had a stinker this world cup. Mustafi could end up a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Good passer, dominant in the air for one not so tall, good tackler and above all he has a very strong mentality.
I'm not saying he's awful but we can do better. He's error prone, loses concentration too often and he's far too rash. Maybe Emery can inprove him as a defender when he plays in a more cohesive defensive setup but its a gamble. I'd personally like us to sell him for a reasonable fee and get an upgrade. Whether that will happen or not remains to be seen.

Personally though, if its a choice between upgrade at centre back and getting a quality winger in, I'd keep Mustafi. A new winger is crucial cos our width is non existent right now.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Welcome! I'm not convinced he's the right man to solve our CB issues but let's hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time (although it doesn't happen often)

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Like i say I don't know enough about him. Just from what I have seen he seems really slow.
Kos wasn't slow when he began here. If he can match Kos, I will be happy.
That`s an understatement. In his first years here Koscielny was very quick. Hardly ever beaten for pace by any striker.

4254.jpg
papastathopoulos_mavropanos_arsenal.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom