Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

<a class="postlink" href="http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/arsenal-presented-an-offer-for-borussia-dortmunds-papastathopulos-the-details/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciome ... e-details/</a>

According to Di Marzio We make a bid of 15M euros+ bonuses for Sokratis Dortmund center back.

2. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

FFS Yousif, just beat me.

Don't think this is a starter, from backup at Dortmund to backup here?

3. arshy9

arshy9 Member

Me too.haha

He's a big guy who can cover two positions for us DM and CB.Would think he's physical.

Would be ideal for us in terms of versatility.

I think a deal could be reached since he said they want 25,meaning that they're open to selling him.I reckon we could beat it down to maybe 20.

4. yousif_arsenal

Dortmund just signed Ginter and they have Hummels and Subotic so i don't think he will have a chance there he will be 4th choice here he will be 3rd choice and with our injury history he will have many chances :wink: .

5. SiMamu

SiMamu Part time Leeds fan

This guy's no looker, going from Vermaelen to him isn't going to help calendar sales.

6. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Maybe the Horses knowledge of Greek restaurants wont be wasted after all :)

7. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

I don't know a whole lot about him but he has pretty good whoscored ratings.

If we're paying 15m plus could he be intended to start or fight for a starting space?

Supposedly he can play right back too

8. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

I like him

big strong and versatile- could be that one additional player to finish us off defensively

9. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Upgrade on Vermaelen, makes a lot of sense. Can cover for both CB and RB.

10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

He did well whenever he played for Dortmund whenever I saw, better than that Santana (is that it?) guy they have.

If it's a two birds with one stone type of signing we know Wenger cannot resist.

11. yousif_arsenal

I think 15M euros for a backup a player is hard to reject i don't think they'll see better offer in future for him and he spend the next year on the bench at Dortmund.

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Hmmm would be a left field signing. Very Wenger like!

13. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

By far the best player for the national team when I watch him, and apparently he's one of the most underrated in the Bundesliga. I'd have to get confirmation from RWA or Jones for that statement though.

Definitely potential to be a 1st choice player imo.

14. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

He had en excellent season at Dortmund, hardly a back-up player anymore for them. Subotic and Hummels could end up fighting for the spot next to him.

15. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Interesting target if true

16. yousif_arsenal

Alot of Dortmund fans on twitter saying they think Dortmund will not sell him.

17. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

We will sign him in 2018.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  18. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

Confirmation given. :D

Almost certainly not happening for that reason, he doesn't only have the potential to be 1st choice but already is imo. It'll be Subotic on the bench when everyone is fit and on form, Ginter will get chances in the cup or in CDM at best, not even in the same league as Sokratis at the moment.

19. say yes

say yes Respect Me

Got me excited there Jonesy.

What kind of CB is he? If he's knocking Subotic out of the Dortmund team then I take it he'd seriously push Mertesacker for a first team spot here.

20. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

Maybe Wenger has decided Mertesacker needs an upgrade/competition? Why get a back up for 10m when you can improve the first team for 15 to 20m?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.