• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I actually think it makes a lot of sense for Arsenal to bring in a guy around that age with great experience. They need to tighten up the defense now, while Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette and Özil are in their primes. To me, it makes no sense to only buy younger players who still need development. Someone such as Sokratis can help now.

Here's one thing to keep in mind about Sokratis: he's only been credited with one defensive error over the past four Bundesliga seasons. Man, does Arsenal really need that!

yeah thats the thing with him, he is actually a solid defender, has been since he got to Dortmund, but there is nothing particularly stylish about him :lol: He looks like a big rough tough guy, but he's actually a good mobile defender and can carry the ball and can pass.

He hasn't had a great season, but people for sure need to look deeper than just this season when it comes to Sokratis. I trust our defence more when he's actually around. We are sort of in that situation where we have a couple very young central defenders, so I would not be in a hurry to see him go, but if he won't sign a new deal, then that's how it is.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
yeah thats the thing with him, he is actually a solid defender, has been since he got to Dortmund, but there is nothing particularly stylish about him :lol: He looks like a big rough tough guy, but he's actually a good mobile defender and can carry the ball and can pass.

He hasn't had a great season, but people for sure need to look deeper than just this season when it comes to Sokratis. I trust our defence more when he's actually around. We are sort of in that situation where we have a couple very young central defenders, so I would not be in a hurry to see him go, but if he won't sign a new deal, then that's how it is.

I'll let those fancy pants dudes up front provide the style. Give me somebody who isn't going to let Atletico Madrid score a late goal for a draw in a European semifinal.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Sign Koulibaliy.

He’s going to be expensive but he’s a rock. Him and a manager who can organise and drill a back line might just be enough to make us steady at least.

Napoli could ask for 90m in todays market and they would get it for koulibaly.

BBF

Sokratis was quality for a number of seasons but I'm not liking how he's being currently rated. If he's Sokratis on top form he's one of the best defenders in the league but I haven't seen him in Germany over the last season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We were previously linked with him. Ideally I’d like someone who will be here for a long time to form a partnership with someone

Stannis

I hope this is more agent talk, trying to push across something and using sven connection to do so.

Stannis

We shouldn't sign any defensive players from Dortmund, they are a terrible defensive side despite having a defensive coach.

I hope especially when Manolas has the release clause there for 35 million. I imagine Rugani and Diallo would cost a similar amount.

Big fan of Johnatan Tah but he has a contract till 2023

All these guys would be better options

benjamin86

Established Member
I hope especially when Manolas has the release clause there for 35 million. I imagine Rugani and Diallo would cost a similar amount.

Big fan of Johnatan Tah but he has a contract till 2023

All these guys would be better options
Can't see Juve letting Rugani go or Rugani wanting to leave, he's likely future club captain.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Has Meyer even developed in the last few seasons? Buying a player because he's cheap and decent sounds like the terrible Milan model before they were bought from the Chinese investors.

Our squad is full of players who dont even suit Wenger's style much. I'd argue that Özil, Welbeck, Auba and previously, Sanchez dont suit what he wants to play. We need to acquire players in positions and roles that we are desperate for.

Meyer is another creative player with no end product or ability to take the ball to the byline. He is a glorified Iwobi or BTEC version of Mkhy and Özil. We need a proper winger

Stannis

Has Meyer even developed in the last few seasons? Buying a player because he's cheap and decent sounds like the terrible Milan model before they were bought from the Chinese investors.

Our squad is full of players who dont even suit Wenger's style much. I'd argue that Özil, Welbeck, Auba and previously, Sanchez dont suit what he wants to play. We need to acquire players in positions and roles that we are desperate for.

Meyer is another creative player with no end product or ability to take the ball to the byline. He is a glorified Iwobi or BTEC version of Mkhy and Özil. We need a proper winger

Meyer has been playing as a number 6 for Schalke recently

If he were to come he would be the Santi/jack replacement

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After watching big Mavri today, maybe the club have decided he’ll be starting next season and want Sokratis for a few years to lead him, get thet Greek defence going.

Bellerin Sokratis Mavropanos Monreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom