• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFCFan4Ever

Being real though and I don't know why I feel this but I think we're gonna sell Vieira to try and fund a huge bid for SWP...Wenger wants him at the club and the only way to compete with Chelsea financially is to sell a player or two, hence why PV and Sol or Pires might be going to Juve or RM. I hope I'm wrong but I just got this sneaky suspicion.

asajoseph

Established Member
Again, that would be a dreadful move. Why on earth sell one of the best CM's in the world (despite one poor season), and replace him with ANOTHER winger, when we already have plenty? That makes absolutely NO sense.

AFCFan4Ever

Quite honestly I wouldn't feel awful if we sold PV4 because I think Gilberto and Cesc can do the job...however, I don't want him sold to fund a bid for SWP...I just think we will.

regele

Established Member
From what i know the deal is only about vieira and it also include appiah signing for us, but I think that vieira will be hard to replace because he is the one that ties the attack to the defence and does them both well, i only see his type of play at makelele and he isn't coming to arsenal too soon.

asajoseph

Established Member
What, Gilberto and a 18/19 year old with Flamini and Appiah as backups? Sorry mate, that's not going to win us any competitions.

We are Arsenal, and supposedly a world class side - we need players who do more than just 'the job'. Ideally, each of our players should provide something special to the first team, as should each of our 'partnerships' (at CB, in CM, and up front). Fabregas played more games last year than he should have and suffered from burnout. He's a fantastically talented player, but not ready to be first choice by any means. Gilberto's decent, but Gilberto/Flamini or Gilberto/Appiah would be a DREADFUL combination. If Paddy goes, we're losing a world class player. We need to replace him with one, or it'll be a significant step backwards, no matter how much money we squeeze out of Juve.

AFCG7

Established Member
If Cole is made captain we the fans should boycott Arsenal games until they take it away from him.. and i am serious.. i was disgusted that we gave Vieira the captaincy back..to give it to Cole in order that he stays is disgusting.

regele

Established Member
I think Campbell would deserve it more than any of the others, because he's sacrificed a big part of his career for Arsenal and because he's the leader type.

A

Anonymous

RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

Oh, shut up.

wow, that's a highly mature reply!

Henry IV

I'm not sure if Vieira will want to play in Italy, or Spain for that matter, because of all the racial abuse. Bergkamp and Henry always come out and say they want to stay but Vieira never does. Strange that.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
RocktheCasbah said:
coolcool2 said:
Don't want Vieira. Simple as. No matter how good a player is, he isn't bigger than the club, and after what he did last season, I don't want that **** anywhere near our club.

Oh, shut up.

wow, that's a highly mature reply!

To a highly mature post, you aren't worth the energy mate.

A

Anonymous

Vieira aint scared! the others obviously wanna stay, unlike paddy its so obvious. If this were thierry by now he would have brought out a statement saying i love arsenal and wanna stay forever. When did paddy last or ever say that apart from last summer when the move to Real broke down cos of his record on his so called troubled knee! which he had no choice but to say he wanted to stay at arsenal to cover his back!! He aint loyal. Getting too big for his boots!!
GET OUT!!!

AFCFan4Ever

Oh God, not Trez again...no swap involving him, PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!! I guess it was only a matter of time though before he got thrown into this mess. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom