<

Sol Campbell (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by omega man, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invisibleman18

invisibleman18 New Member Elite

quite possibly the best, and most correct piece ive ever read on this forum.

the guy has given us 9-10 years of outstanding service, and to be honest he probably doesnt have much more to give. if he wants a new challenge, fair enough and good luck to him. he has done so much for us that his loyalty and committment to this club cannot be questioned. true legend of this club, and it would be quite fitting i feel, that if he does leave, his last kick for arsenal was slotting home an fa cup winner.

2. invisibleman18

quite possibly the best, and most correct piece ive ever read on this forum.

the guy has given us 9-10 years of outstanding service, and to be honest he probably doesnt have much more to give. if he wants a new challenge, fair enough and good luck to him. he has done so much for us that his loyalty and committment to this club cannot be questioned. true legend of this club, and it would be quite fitting i feel, that if he does leave, his last kick for arsenal was slotting home an fa cup winner.

3. Ratinho

Ratinho New Member

I don't like to completely agree with Asa, because we have to keep this forum interesting. ;)

BUT, to criticise his time here and the way he has fought for the short?? I think there are some very short memories on here, or maybe just some guys who haven't been fans long enough to remember.

Spot on Asa Bud, spot on.

And anyway. Overmars left. Anelka left. Petit left. Adams et all at the back retired. Arsenal carried on, and pretty damn successfully at that.

4. invisibleman18

apologies for the double post. mustve clicked submit twice.

5. Alter Ego

Alter Ego New Member

I have complete trust in our boadroom and management to make a success whatever the outcome be. Wenger has a tiresome ability to push every player to their utmost potential, then once the signs of decline are starting to come to fruition, sell them off for a more then handsome fee.

In my opinion this applies to Vieira. Wenger will simply know when the time has come to move on Vieira. It may never come, it may come next week.

Eitherway my personal opinion of Vieira is that although his displays on the pitch may be on the demise (extremely arguable) his sheer presence and stature is something we at Arsenal cannot replace at this current stage .

You dont miss something until it has gone.

6. hollow

hollow New Member

When we sold Petit and Overmars there was an outcry. Then we signed Gilberto and Pires and became a better team. If Vieira and Pires go I'm sure history will repeat itself. Also, everybody is asking why we havent looked for a replacement yet. Has no one realised we just signed a midfielder and are in negotiations for a second, although he recently converted to striker.

7. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah New Member Elite

We aren't in negotiations, hollow, Del Nido has said that Sevilla have had no new offers for Baptista since the one rechazo.

8. fuma75

fuma75 New Member

sure we just signed hleb but it doesn't mean we can let viera & pires go.

9. burnsjed

burnsjed Well-Known Member

We had to wait quit a few seasons to replace Petit, Gilberto was not his immediate replacement don't forget.

10. Ricky_AFC

Ricky_AFC New Member

No doubt we can handle it if Vieira and Pires do go but i still think we should fight to the death to keep them. Can't see Thierry being impressed if they leave either... :(

11. mood

mood New Member

I am not worried about Vieira. I am sure he will be at the club next season. The media are overhyping the news... I dont think he's going anywhere.

It's Pires I'm worried about.

Wenger said in a recent interview that he intends to keep everyone at the club. And I'm sure the board intends to do so too.

Don't let the media to get into your head.

12. regele

regele New Member

13. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

14. AFCFan4Ever

AFCFan4Ever New Member

11m? That's ridiculous, the least we should take is 15m...no player swaps either, sorry but the likes of Appiah, Zebina, etc. don't make up for the loss of Vieira.

15. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

16. Holy grail

Holy grail New Member

17. AFCFan4Ever

AFCFan4Ever New Member

That would be a TERRIBLE deal for us if true. :cry:

18. Holy grail

Holy grail New Member

Apparantly its down to whether PV4 can agree personal terms. Now this is the right time to be greedy paddy...

19. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

WOW

We are officially ******* if this ****ty deal goes through

Vieira for under 25 million??

and why the **** would we want Appiah if the ****ers themselves wanna get rid of him for our CM

Jesus Christ

20. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Well, like I said, Wenger's in a position to know, and he's the one sanctioning this deal. If Vieira's going to play the last few years of his career as he did last season, 12 mil + a player is a great deal (I don't think he will, but as everyone keeps pointing out, Wenger knows!). If TA was right, and he really will fall apart sooner or later, it's a great deal. If Wenger can find a player who will play the Vieira role just as well for another decade, for the same price we signed Vieira at, it's a great deal.

It's a tough one, and there's no doubt that Paddy will take some replacing. I've always thought Paddy will return to form for at least a couple more years, but Wenger's in a position better than anyone to make that judgement, and I guess we just have to trust him to make the call.

Here's hoping that Paddy stays and returns to form, but if he goes, here's also hoping that Wenger invests the money wisely, replaces Paddy, and the club will move on to even bigger and better things. And if he goes, let's not forget what he's done for us and thank him for his services.

We'll see tomorrow how much substance there was to the Gazetta story I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.