• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corny

baccy_man said:
dev_atdi said:
And plus Sol's extremely high salary (100k is it?) can be probably halfed with a better quality centre-back. He's lost his touch.

if i remember correctly sol signed a 2 year contract with a 50% cut in wages taking him down to 50K.

Not as such baccy man,

You see £100k was £50k wages plus £50k signing on fee spread over the deal.

A

Anonymous

I remember last season Campbell trying to head a ball a foot off the floor rather than clear with his left foot. The guy is a clown and is without doubt the most overrated player at Arsenal maybe even in the premiership. As to him going to Hollywood!!.....Has anyone actually heard the guy speak. Not only does he look like the missing link he is incapable of stringing a sentence together. He makes Vin Diesel look like Richard Burton.

All joking aside though I can't see us maximising the price on him while he's injured so better wait till he returns. Unfortunately we're never going to see anywhere near the offer Juventus came up with all that time ago.

A

Anonymous

Humpf....everyone's entitled to an opinion pal,...including you.

Ratinho

Established Member
In my opinion, when you say.........

The guy is a clown and is without doubt the most overrated player at Arsenal maybe even in the premiership.

.........then your opinion is also open to ridicule.

A

Anonymous

Well diddums for you. I stand by my opinion. A footballer earning what he does should have the capability to clear a ball with his wrong foot. Nay he should be able to control and pass it. For him to be incapable of a basic hoof with his left foot there can be no excuses, hence the term clown.

Ratinho

Established Member
Not so much diddums, as more nonsense pal. You're using one incident to state a factual inaccuracy. But hey, lets all hope Sol leaves, we'll be in great shape for next season.

Although the fact he will be injured all season does make a better point. Maybe we should swap him for Woodgate.

Alter Ego

dirtyden said:
Well diddums for you. I stand by my opinion. A footballer earning what he does should have the capability to clear a ball with his wrong foot. Nay he should be able to control and pass it. For him to be incapable of a basic hoof with his left foot there can be no excuses, hence the term clown.

Oh jesus

A

Anonymous

Hardly one incident. His footballing skills are negligible. Modern football dictates that defenders need the skills to turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye. Senderos can do that at will, Campbell is incapable. There endenth the lesson.

regele

Established Member
dirtyden said:
Modern football dictates that defenders need the skills to turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye
Isn't that the midfielder's job? What are you trying to say that Senderos is a better defender than Sol?

A

Anonymous

I don't think that is the sole job of the midfield no. Total football means all the players are comfortable on the ball. As Senderos is and Campbell isn't then yes Senderos is superior to Campbell. He's also two footed. From what I have seen of him even at such a young age he is a better defender than Campbell.

regele

Established Member
dirtyden said:
I don't think that is the sole job of the midfield no. Total football means all the players are comfortable on the ball. As Senderos is and Campbell isn't then yes Senderos is superior to Campbell. He's also two footed. From what I have seen of him even at such a young age he is a better defender than Campbell.
You've played too much football manager.

Jinn

Established Member
To be honest if it was true, it would be a good piece of business for him. We got him for free remember, so there's a profit there.

And then we could buy a decent centre-half.

kel varnsen

Established Member
what a strange story. £8 mill would be a good deal and would surely allow us to bring in another central defender, but fenerbache...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom